Is it worth Joining the NRA?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
benp1992
Home club or Range: Bicester

Is it worth Joining the NRA?

#1 Post by benp1992 »

Evening all,

I'm in two minds as to whether i should join the NRA in the not to distant future or not?

It's only because i would like to do more full bore than what im doing at the minute as i could do with getting some more range time.

What are the pro's and con's?

Whats an average cost of a day on the range at Bisley?

thankssign
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: Is it worth Joining the NRA?

#2 Post by Airbrush »

Yes.

Range costs here. http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/rangeo ... p?site=NRA

Plus you get a good insurance policy for your guns.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

There is only one reason to join the NRA and that is if you wish to book Bisley ranges there as an individual.

They provide no other real benefits other than insurance which can be got at other places for half the cost of joining the NRA.

They do try hard to support clubs and individuals on specific issues but their knowledge and ability resource on these subjects is limited and can be easily swamped.

They are getting Bisley into better shape and as a range running organisation in Surrey they are worth joining if you want to shoot at Bisley as for anything else then they are seriously wanting as a "national" organisation.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Only if you want to shoot at Bisley if not don't waste your money.
Browning_grrl

#5 Post by Browning_grrl »

Of course you should join the NRA.........

:D lol
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

Browning_grrl wrote:Of course you should join the NRA.........

I think our NRA is quite a bit different from the NRA on your side of the pond........
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#7 Post by 4Islander »

dromia wrote:There is only one reason to join the NRA and that is if you wish to book Bisley ranges there as an individual.

They provide no other real benefits other than insurance which can be got at other places for half the cost of joining the NRA.

They do try hard to support clubs and individuals on specific issues but their knowledge and ability resource on these subjects is limited and can be easily swamped.

They are getting Bisley into better shape and as a range running organisation in Surrey they are worth joining if you want to shoot at Bisley as for anything else then they are seriously wanting as a "national" organisation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as a shooter who's interest is in the practical disciplines rather than the gravel belly side of things, I feel the NRA have taken great strides in recent months towards growing that side of the shooting sports & so I have shown my support by joining, even though I live 150 miles away.

4I
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#8 Post by Mike357 »

I'm 500 miles away and I joined. It's a very small step to help build numbers.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Browning_grrl

#9 Post by Browning_grrl »

snayperskaya wrote:
Browning_grrl wrote:Of course you should join the NRA.........

I think our NRA is quite a bit different from the NRA on your side of the pond........
I know. I just saw some humor in it. :)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm sure your intentions are good but Iv been at this for at least thirty five years and living in the North East of England the NRA have done nothing for me as a shooter. As I said if you shoot at Bisley yes otherwise don't waste your money.