NRA Accomodation

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

NRA Accomodation

#1 Post by Strangely Brown »

Could somebody remind me why certain accommodation is unavailable during the winter months please?
(RO Lines??)
The question was posed on another forum and I'm sure I've been told why, but age is taking it's toll on my memory......... :run:
Mick
karen

Re: NRA Accomodation

#2 Post by karen »

Might be something to do with turning water off in certain areas? There used to be areas of camp where the water was shut off in winter so the pipes wouldn't freeze. It might also make sense to close down some accommodation when its quiet as it would save on cleaning costs etc?

Are RO lines heated? Not stayed in them so don't know what they have in there but was always under the impression they weren't as well used as ABC lines etc

Guildford Borough Council do have some regulations about occupancy of some accommodation (ie the caravans can only be used March to end November) so might be that?

Have you asked the NRA why? Can't see why it would any sort of a secret

Love

Karen
Strangely Brown

#3 Post by Strangely Brown »

Thanks Karen!
I asked the question because some of the French CSR competitors aren't coming over next month because their "usual" accommodation is closed.
Nothing wrong with Crawford Cabins, I'll mention that to them!
Mick
karen

#4 Post by karen »

Just some thoughts - I don't know the real reason but they seem like good ones.

I would always stay in ABC lines - actually lived there for six months when I first worked at the NRA. Nice and warm although you needed to keep your fingers crossed that the people in the next room weren't snorers or massively "in love" if you get my drift :oops:

Love

Karen
Strangely Brown

#5 Post by Strangely Brown »

karen wrote:Just some thoughts - I don't know the real reason but they seem like good ones.

I would always stay in ABC lines - actually lived there for six months when I first worked at the NRA. Nice and warm although you needed to keep your fingers crossed that the people in the next room weren't snorers or massively "in love" if you get my drift :oops:

Love

Karen
Ah yes, "massively in love", I have also had the next room to that problem. :o

Luckily for me they were in the room on the other side so I never met them face to face!
Mick
Charlie Muggins

#6 Post by Charlie Muggins »

karen wrote:...keep your fingers crossed that the people in the next room weren't snorers or massively "in love" if you get my drift :oops:
Surely the problem is self-resolving within 3 minutes?