NRA of the UK Facebook

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

NRA of the UK Facebook

#1 Post by kennyc »

nice to see the Shooting Shed got a small mention in a short video clip, not sure who puts the soundtracks on, although I suspect they probably can't remember a few of their Golden Years :cool2: :shakeshout:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=89 ... =2&theater
Dangermouse

Re: NRA of the UK Facebook

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

My, isn't that a good looking rifle ( tan with black barrel), or to put it another way,

That's my good looking rifle party2

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Maggot

#3 Post by Maggot »

Dave seemed to have a lot of interest in his bits and bats which was nice to see, and I have just put another customer his way after parts for a 408 Chey-Tac.

What was obvious is that the raising of the fees for trade stands has had a really positive effect....well it did for the Shooting shed/Action clear, there were the only stand there :cool2:

If I did not already have an F/TR rig I would stop here as the price for the single action is not bad at all.
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

When ordering this I was warned about the weight of a "tube gun".
Ovenpaa and I took this over to the scales with my shed bipod. 6.5 kg! That leaves me nearly 2 kg for a scope and rings. I don't think that even IOR make anything that heavy.
Weight really is not an issue on this system and the barrel is no lightweight either,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

OK found the sound guy zzzzom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCdB5p2v0Y
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

What was all the noise and visual sh!te all about???

wtfwtf kukkuk

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
karen

#7 Post by karen »

Where were the breech flags? tongueout
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Taken out for the video.

Where were the NRA staff that agreed to meet me.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#9 Post by Dougan »

I know they are mainly for F/TR (and/or McQueens), but I still want to see one of these rifles given a proper run (i.e. by a decent TR shooter (or I'd offer myself)) in a TR comp...the weight means you could put a 34/36" (?) barrel on one, as a set of apertures would be light enough...
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dougan, the M66 LTT (Light Tube Target) was designed specifically for TR as was the original M41 action in the M75 chassis. They are not primarily F/TR or McQueen rifles however the LTT fits into the F/TR slot very nicely with the addition of a 'scope and our rear bag rider and the LTR (Light Tube Repeater) will work very nicely within the F/TR discipline and McQueen.

Weight is an interesting point, I spent a lot of time talking to TR shooters over the weekend and got some interesting feedback. They feedback seemed to fall into three categories.

Prefer the weight to be around 5,0 to 5-5kgs - Younger shooters, often male.
Prefer the weight to be 6,0 to 6,5kgs - More mature shooters.
As long as it was in weight they were not fussed - usually older shooters however some of the young ladies felt the same way. Interestingly some of the top team shooters were not fussed as someone looked after such things so as long the rifle was legal they were happy.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal