Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

#1 Post by kennyc »

our club had a contest today, or rather we didn't! when our Rifle Capt turned up at the range office he was told they had cancelled our target, and there was even a doubt that there would be a target we could get on! we book Short Siberia in November for the following year as that is the only way to "garauntee" getting our monthly shoot, so how can we be bumped off at the last minute? the comp I can understand, if conditions don't allow it, but to have no spaces because they are busy? how does that work? as it is we had a zeroing session, but we try and raise interest in getting people shooting (and it worked) only to be sabotaged at the last moment! it just makes it that much harder to get new blood, and we are a club that shoots all year regardless of weather, so we need to work to keep numbers up!
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

I was on Century target 99 - thankfully not cancelled. Sorry to hear of the screw up. It might be worthwhile to talk to Chris in the Range Office.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#3 Post by meles meles »

Sounds iffy to us ! Do you want the number of a good legal weasel ? Surely if you contract to shoot on a range they can't just chuck you off at the last minute...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Did they give a reason for bumping you or why your club had not been contacted.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc

#5 Post by kennyc »

ovenpaa wrote:Did they give a reason for bumping you or why your club had not been contacted.
Dannywayoflife is the man to answer that question, but as far as I am aware there was no reason other than they were busy? We book months ahead and have to pay if we cancel to close to the date so why they would just cancel us I have no idea
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#6 Post by Gaz »

We had a 500yds target all afternoon, although there weren't any markers available which screwed up our programme a bit.

I also managed to get the club a provisional two-lane booking for a fortnight from now and another target in a month's time. Have you asked the range office what happened for you to be cancelled like that.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
karen

#7 Post by karen »

Check the clubs online booking record just in case the booking wasn't accepted in the first place as it is easy to miss a "declined" booking email as they look the same as the "confirmed" ones. If declined it should have a note written in by the Range Office on the online system.

The Range Office do not usually cancel anything without contacting the club sec (usually by phone in my experience)

Love

karen
Blu

#8 Post by Blu »

but to have no spaces because they are busy?
Kenny, car show mate. They were probably all busy over there. :run:

Blu :twisted:
kennyc

#9 Post by kennyc »

Blu wrote:
but to have no spaces because they are busy?
Kenny, car show mate. They were probably all busy over there. :run:

Blu :twisted:
there were some nice hotrods there its true :D
kennyc

#10 Post by kennyc »

karen wrote:Check the clubs online booking record just in case the booking wasn't accepted in the first place as it is easy to miss a "declined" booking email as they look the same as the "confirmed" ones. If declined it should have a note written in by the Range Office on the online system.

The Range Office do not usually cancel anything without contacting the club sec (usually by phone in my experience)

Love

karen
Karen, I'm waiting for Danny to see this thread and answer, however, we have had bookings declined and had the email so I suspect the problem is not at our end, no more than the times that we have been refused a booking until we pay our outstanding bills (we pay before shooting so don't ever run up a bill!) and you can ask Maggot about the joys of Century 108 tongueout