Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!

Are you an NRA affiliated or direct club member?

Member of an NRA affiliated club
38%
Direct NRA member
27%
RCO
15%
Club Instructor
6%
Wind Coach
1%
Other NRA recognised qualification
2%
Not an NRA member
11%

Total votes: 209

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

A simple Poll to see if you are either a member of the NRA or a member of an NRA affiliated club or both. Additionally do you hold any NRA recognised qualifications such as RCO, You can tick all options.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

#2 Post by dromia »

First 4.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

By not an NRA member do you mean an individual member or a member via your affiliated club?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

John MH

#4 Post by John MH »

Only membership that really counts is 'Direct', that's the only one that give you a vote. It also IMHO gives you the right to challenge what the NRA are doing and the right to complain if you are not happy with some aspect of the Service they should provide to its members. If you are not a 'Direct' member (that should realy be 'Individual' member) the you really don't have anything to complain about as you are not directly supporting what they do.
dromia
Site Admin

#5 Post by dromia »

Even when you are an individual member it makes no difference having the "right" to challenge.

Surely a clubs affiliation has some worth other than the ability to book MoD ranges and insurance?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

John MH

#6 Post by John MH »

dromia wrote:Even when you are an individual member it makes no difference having the "right" to challenge.
I disagree, it actually does give you the right and if you can construct a reasonable and coherent argument they do actually listen. It also allows you to stand for election on the Council.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#7 Post by meles meles »

First four for us too...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
karen

#8 Post by karen »

John MH wrote:
dromia wrote:Even when you are an individual member it makes no difference having the "right" to challenge.
I disagree, it actually does give you the right and if you can construct a reasonable and coherent argument they do actually listen. It also allows you to stand for election on the Council.
Nearly right ;) it gives you the right to stand for election to General Council (previously known as Council). It gets confusing as the Trustees are also known as the "Council".

As an individual member you can make yourself heard at the AGM.

And if as an individual member you can get 49 friends to agree with you, then you can call an EGM!

So yes you do have the right to challenge . . .

Love

Karen
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#9 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

John MH wrote:If you are not a 'Direct' member (that should realy be 'Individual' member) the you really don't have anything to complain about as you are not directly supporting what they do.
I have to disagree with that. They have the power to speak on my behalf in government circles (SLR ban etc) yet I disagree with what they stand for. They don't represent the type of shooting that I do at all, even less the sort that I want to do because they helped to ban it.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
John MH

#10 Post by John MH »

I have to disagree with that. They have the power to speak on my behalf in government circles (SLR ban etc) yet I disagree with what they stand for. They don't represent the type of shooting that I do at all, even less the sort that I want to do because they helped to ban it.
I was not a member then or in 1997, although I was an NPA member. I am a member now and I take it you are not.

They cannot speak on your behalf if you are not a member, and if something happens in the future that you don't like don't blame an organisation that your not a member of for not speaking up for you. kukkuk