Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!

Are you an NRA affiliated or direct club member?

Member of an NRA affiliated club
38%
Direct NRA member
27%
RCO
15%
Club Instructor
6%
Wind Coach
1%
Other NRA recognised qualification
2%
Not an NRA member
11%

Total votes: 209

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

#51 Post by Alpha1 »

I totally agree that there is an issue with the scope of the NRA's coverage, and I'm glad (despite some resorting to personal insults) that both threads (which have merged slightly) about the petition and the NRA membership have stayed open and been discussed fully in the right place (National body general discussion) on the right topics...

...my reply was directly to Alpha; and was because there have been other threads specifically about events and competitions at Bisley that have been hijacked...when you're trying to promote a competition or course of fire it's really not helpful if someones only comment on the thread is to complain that 'it's no good for them as Bisley is too far away'.

As I've said, I don't believe it's practical or cost effective to try and build another large shooting complex somewhere else...but what has come out of the discussion it that we all (not just the north) have problems with MOD ranges, and that the north has a lack of quality private ranges where you can shoot without having to book a club day 6 months in advance...

...hopefully, if the NRA can get themselves into a better financial position, these issues can be looked at in the not too distant future...
I hope so to we will just have to wait and see.
Alpha1 wrote:

I am not really bothered about Bisley either seeing as I am never likely to go there I just wish every one would stop banging on about it.

Why not treat yourself to a little holiday - you could arrange a club weekend to Mecca (Bisley) and finally get to shoot at 1000 yards...

...you could stay in the Crawford cabins, like I do,...I'm sure you'd have nothing but positive comments about the experience razz
May be one day.

You are right about thread hijacking I plead guilty and I apologize for that. Back on thread would be good.
Dougan

Re: Poll - Are you a member of the NRA?

#52 Post by Dougan »

Thanks Alpha...your comment is appreciated :cheers:

If you ever do make the trip, let me know....if I was free I'd definitely come up to have a shoot with you guys (or if you preferred stay away, if it would put you off... razz )

OK, back on thread...