NRA Accounts

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
John MH

Re: NRA Accounts

#41 Post by John MH »

Maggot wrote:
TJC wrote:Wow F-Class is toast.
Comp attendence is self regulating. If you turn up at one and there are only a few entering and a fair few balls ups, do you bother next time or do you go for the comp that usually has a good turn out, is well run and guarantees a good crack??? The latter every time for me.

That's why CSR is thriving, the NRA has bagged approximately £16k from the CSR Winter League entires this season alone, I wonder how much was earned from TR, TS, F Class or Gallery Rifle over the same period?
tackb

#42 Post by tackb »

^^^^^ calm down maggot , nobody is taking your toys away !
Cad Monkey
Home club or Range: KLSM & Grove

#43 Post by Cad Monkey »

Maggot wrote:
TJC wrote:Wow F-Class is toast.
I doubt it.

Firstly, it aint cheap to compete so if you want niche, then it may well comply. The NRA reffered to F as the formula 1 of shooting, right or wrong they may have a point.
Yep, they do indeed have a point, it compares nicely to formula 1. Large amounts of money spent on a very boring discipline.
"All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."
JSHarris
Home club or Range: Old Windsor

#44 Post by JSHarris »

John MH wrote:SB Long Range, Target Shotgun, Multigun etc, just look at the NRA match entry figures. Do those matches make a profit of are they being subsidised?

SAW and Pheonix usually run at a loss.

All TS only events now make a profit, and so did the last multigun in the correct format etc IIRC every TS event i have run has made the required margin.

By trimming the fat as it were and reducing the number of RO's , putting on events that shooters want to take part in this has been acheived over the past couple of years. There haev of course been moans but then you cant please all teh people all of the time.

All the surplus is going back into teh general pool for all the users of the facilities.

cheers
james
John MH

#45 Post by John MH »

Small beer compared to £18 to £19K revenue from CSR this last season.

But good to see that 'Fat' being trimmed and all the RO perks going.
JSHarris

#46 Post by JSHarris »

Hi John,
i think your confusing the GR&P weekends with the TS ones, the RO perks at the TS events have increased and will rise further.

As you say, small beer compared to CSR, but then the events are harder to set up and run and as yet the events are still in their infancy.
John MH

#47 Post by John MH »

Perks are part of the problem, people who love their shooting should help were they can and not expect anything in return other that the satisfaction that the competitors enjoyed themselves. GR&P ROs apparently had food, travel, accommodation and shirts bought for them; not surprising that SAW and Pheonix lost money and on paper TS is part of that over those weekends. May things have now changed since the TSA are no longer involved in Bisley events.
Dougan

#48 Post by Dougan »

The ROs should get fair expenses - Some of the RCOs do two full days, and I see nothing wrong with some perks for those who do one day...it just needs to be sensible and not exploited...

...it may not be that easy to find good RCOs and ROs who are willing to freeze their ass off in Melville from 08:00 to 17:00 every SAW if they're not shown some appreciation...
John MH

#49 Post by John MH »

Dougan wrote: ...it may not be that easy to find good RCOs and ROs who are willing to freeze their ass off in Melville from 08:00 to 17:00 every SAW if they're not shown some appreciation...
CSR RO's and Butts Officers freeze their asses off all Winter. :lol:

If the events don't break even either bin them, reconfigure them or charge more. It's not right that any run at a loss.
JSHarris

#50 Post by JSHarris »

Hi John,
TS is indeed part of the GR&P weekends but i dont run those meetings.

At the standalone TS events they make a margin, and in additon to running the events the crew also spend a day building them.

CSR is easier, you turn up to a ( sometimes) rigged range and start. If the TS / mulitgun crew we asked to spend a day (starting at 07:00 sometimes) building the event, shooting it as fast as possible to try and get it done and then RO all the next day in teh mud/cold/rain for nowt then the events wont happen.

I for one would ( at present) rather "pay" them a free entry, lunch perhaps and possibly some travel money or accomodation than pay for the full time staff rates.