NRA Accounts

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: NRA Accounts

#31 Post by the running man »

karen wrote:
the running man wrote:The caravan thing, many many shooters were unhappy at the discipline outcome and rumours were and still are rife about it, being an ex nra member of staff people felt he got off lightly and should have known better than anybody........
If you had seen him that day you wouldn't say that - his conscience did more to him than a lifetime ban would. It was an accident due to tiredness but he was completely destroyed by it.

I can't remember exactly what the ban was but it was at least 18 months plus attending a course.

Trust me he did not get off lightly!

love

karen
ive no doubt it's hit the guy hard, he has no excuse.......The outcry at the time was at a point where the nra had banned a load of air cadets from bisley for life for cheating at their own internal competition, against the caravan incident, some felt this disproportionate, and did not see his name in the nra journal disciplinary section.......so to an extent it was smother over not hushed up so ile take that earlier comment back!

I agree better comms needed.........
:goodjob:
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
karen

#32 Post by karen »

the running man wrote:The outcry at the time was at a point where the nra had banned a load of air cadets from bisley for life for cheating at their own internal competition, against the caravan incident, some felt this disproportionate, and did not see his name in the nra journal disciplinary section.......so to an extent it was smother over not hushed up so ile take that earlier comment back!
The cadet incidents were not in their own internal competition - four were found altering their scorecards during the Imperial.

The worst one altered EVERY shoot bar one including altering one to win a competition and one to get into the Queens Final! That has to be a lifetime ban (or everyone would have to watch him every time he shot for ever). He also wouldn't admit to it and claimed that somehow 20+ cards had been altered by other people. I have seen the cards and it was VERY bad and VERY obvious that it was him (he even used a different colour pen to cheat!). A very silly boy!

I once dobbed one of my friends in for cheating in a similar way - he was one of my best friends and it was difficult but he was cheating in a similar style. It took a couple of years to get enough evidence to prove it but he was banned from his club and allowed to resign from the NRA. If he ever comes back he will be banned for life but they gave him the chance to resign so he didn't lose his job (he was a policeman).

Every case is different and every case is dealt with in the appropriate way by the Disciplinary Body so comparing cheating cadets with a negligent discharge by a tired elderly man is a bit difficult.

Love

karen
karen

#33 Post by karen »

the running man wrote: . . . did not see his name in the nra journal disciplinary section.......so to an extent it was smother over not hushed up so ile take that earlier comment back!
It should have been in the Journal (I haven't checked as I don't have them all here) - if it wasn't in the Journal then it wasn't because it was being hushed up, it will be because whoever is in charge of the Journal now didn't do it or know they had to do it.

Can't get the staff nowadays :lol:

Love

karen
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#34 Post by the running man »

karen wrote:
the running man wrote: . . . did not see his name in the nra journal disciplinary section.......so to an extent it was smother over not hushed up so ile take that earlier comment back!
It should have been in the Journal (I haven't checked as I don't have them all here) - if it wasn't in the Journal then it wasn't because it was being hushed up, it will be because whoever is in charge of the Journal now didn't do it or know they had to do it.

Can't get the staff nowadays :lol:

Love

karen
dosent matter now......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#35 Post by Gaz »

I hear the NRA secretly abduct shooters who don't use Bisley and roast them alive over a burning pile of flat caps and whippets while chanting "We shall overcome." Why wasn't this in the Journal or advertised on the website? How much did certain senior execs earn from privately selling tickets to these events? Cover-up, I tell you, cover-up!
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#36 Post by dromia »

This what the NRA needs to help them get the finger out. :twisted:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blu

#37 Post by Blu »

karen wrote:Oh Christ Blu - how on earth did you find out? Argggghhhhh I'll have to return to my home planet now that rumours come out sign01

Actually there have been people in charge in the past who I am convinced live on Planet Tharg :lol:

Love

Karen
You didn't believe me did you?

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16637

Cue music from the Twilight Zone

Blu :twisted:
karen

#38 Post by karen »

signfunnypost
Blu

#39 Post by Blu »

Notice his home club or range did you? :o I'll say no more :squirrel:

Love

Blu :twisted:
Maggot

#40 Post by Maggot »

TJC wrote:Wow F-Class is toast.
I doubt it.

Firstly, it aint cheap to compete so if you want niche, then it may well comply. The NRA reffered to F as the formula 1 of shooting, right or wrong they may have a point.

Secondly the NRA ran how many F class comps last year?

Correct me if I am wrong but I can think of 2, the Phoenix and the Imperial.

Now then, most of the movers and shakers in F class shoot the league which sometimes clashes with NRA shoots (the second Diggle shoot this year clashes with the Phoenix for example).

And this does not take into account the number of F class shoots (both comp and practice) that take place at the NSC every year.

3 for the League (Euros, long range and Autumn challenge) my club run 12, and I usually have 1 practice session a month, or 1 a week runnig up to the Euros.

Neither does it take into account that a lot of the top shots were away with the GB team in Raton or taking a breather afterwards, so that would explain a small slump.

Add to that the F class training weekend and the various GB Team practices and I would say we are very much alive ta.

They also run a really odd scoring system in the phoenix where a v = 6 ....god knows why tesnews I only entered this year to support the NRA

Also, membership in my club is rising slowly and a certain gun plumber I know seems to be selling F class rifles quite nicely.

So I would say less toast, more Welsh Raerbit ta, F is alive and kicking quite nicely ta.

Comp attendence is self regulating. If you turn up at one and there are only a few entering and a fair few balls ups, do you bother next time or do you go for the comp that usually has a good turn out, is well run and guarantees a good crack??? The latter every time for me.