NRA Accounts

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Blu

Re: NRA Accounts

#21 Post by Blu »

Dangermouse wrote:I have one,

is it true that a plane from the second workd war was found in the area behind the butts?
Supposedly a German bomber that no one knew was there until a fire fighting team went in to out out a fire,

DM
I heard is was an alien spaceship and that the alien crew survived and took over the bodies of the entire NRA executive committee in order to wield power in preparation for the coming alien invasion. :o This was told to be many years ago by a guy in a pub in Ash, he got told my his mate who's granny's sisters pal cleaned for one of the Exec Committee so it must be true.

Blu :twisted:
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#22 Post by the running man »

The ruag thing was something I heard a while ago, just wondered about the truth of it - you've clarified it.....

The caravan thing, many many shooters were unhappy at the discipline outcome and rumours were and still are rife about it, being an ex nra member of staff people felt he got off lightly and should have known better than anybody.......i cant comment i was not there, ive only seen pictures from after.....no I don't expect the nra to take out an ad in the times, it wouldent look good for anyone who shoots would it?.....

how good of you to act as rumour control karen.....u must get a job at the nra, they could use someone like you.....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
karen

#23 Post by karen »

Oh Christ Blu - how on earth did you find out? Argggghhhhh I'll have to return to my home planet now that rumours come out sign01

Actually there have been people in charge in the past who I am convinced live on Planet Tharg :lol:

Love

Karen
Blu

#24 Post by Blu »

Karen, the Aliens were looking for intelligent life but unfortunately they crashed at Bisley. tongueout :run:

Love

Blu :twisted:
karen

#25 Post by karen »

the running man wrote:The caravan thing, many many shooters were unhappy at the discipline outcome and rumours were and still are rife about it, being an ex nra member of staff people felt he got off lightly and should have known better than anybody........
If you had seen him that day you wouldn't say that - his conscience did more to him than a lifetime ban would. It was an accident due to tiredness but he was completely destroyed by it.

I can't remember exactly what the ban was but it was at least 18 months plus attending a course.

Trust me he did not get off lightly!

love

karen
nfrancis
Home club or Range: NRA, Fulwood (Liverpool), Frome & District

#26 Post by nfrancis »

karen wrote: No that's completely false

Where do you get these sort of rumours from? Just interested in where they start!
Karen
They start in places like this Karen. This place no different to the plethora or other on-line spaces where tittle-tattle, barrack-room lawyering and dubious observation reigns supreme over reality.

:-(
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

Rumours invariably start in the absence of timely and accurate information from official sources.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#28 Post by FredB »

Official sources are, of course, clairvoyant and hence know in advance the subject of the next idiotic rumour.
Fred
karen

#29 Post by karen »

nfrancis wrote:They start in places like this Karen. This place no different to the plethora or other on-line spaces where tittle-tattle, barrack-room lawyering and dubious observation reigns supreme over reality.
At least here there is a chance of stopping them by providing the truth when possible.

Love

karen
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

FredB wrote:Official sources are, of course, clairvoyant and hence know in advance the subject of the next idiotic rumour.

I have worked for both large and modest sized multi-national companies in my life and the larger the company, the more people there are, the more likely rumours are to start. This can often be a positive thing as it can signify growth and excitement for the future. The NRA is coming out of the dark years and there is sure to be discussion and rumour amongst the membership and undoubtedly amongst the employees as well which is why it is so important for the NRA to absolutely transparent in their actions and to disseminate the goals and aspirations of the business.

It is of paramount importance that communication levels are ramped up at the NRA so everyone has a good idea of what is happening. I am sure I am not the only person who wants, dare I say needs the NRA to succeed and I am sure the vast majority of the NRA membership will do their utmost to see this happen. Those that do not agree or have a different agenda should walk away now. I would also apply this to the current NRA employees, management team and trustees.

Sadly this does not appear to be an absolute at this stage.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal