NRA Accounts

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: NRA Accounts

#11 Post by the running man »

Is there any truth to the rumour the nra owe ruag thousands for ammo from last year's imperial?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Strangely Brown »

the running man wrote:Is there any truth to the rumour the nra owe ruag thousands for ammo from last year's imperial?
Ah yes! Another "rumour".

I do wonder who puts them out there? :roll:
Mick
karen

#13 Post by karen »

the running man wrote:Is there any truth to the rumour the nra owe ruag thousands for ammo from last year's imperial?
No that's completely false

Where do you get these sort of rumours from? Just interested in where they start!

Love

Karen
John MH

#14 Post by John MH »

karen wrote:
the running man wrote:Just interested in where they start
Up North probably. :run:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was told the same last year by a Bisley shooter (Certainly known to you Karen) A member of some stature at one of the better known clubs based at Bisley so the story has certainly been going around for a while. Fair to say this is the first time I have seen it in writing.

As I could see no provision in the accounts for the expenditure I am inclined to believe if there was an issue with RUAG it has now been settled.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#16 Post by the running man »

karen wrote:
the running man wrote:Is there any truth to the rumour the nra owe ruag tho for ammo from last year's imperial?
No that's completely false

Where do you get these sort of rumours from? Just interested in where they start!

Love

Karen
Common knowledge karen, just like the caravan ND all you lot thought was hushed up, everyone knows, surprised the photos going round never made the papers.....everything that goes on up there gets out......if it's something that folk don't agree with they just keep quiet as they don't want to run the risk of upsetting the nra hirearchy....me i don't give a toss about the nra, they are now defunct to me....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
karen

#17 Post by karen »

the running man wrote: Common knowledge karen, just like the caravan ND all you lot thought was hushed up, everyone knows, surprised the photos going round never made the papers.....everything that goes on up there gets out......if it's something that folk don't agree with they just keep quiet as they don't want to run the risk of upsetting the nra hirearchy....me i don't give a toss about the nra, they are now defunct to me....
Sorry but you're talking crap mate.

The caravan ND was never hushed up - the person concerned reported it to the right people immediately (me first who then called Iain and others) and the police were called straight away. I KNOW because I was THERE that night supporting the person concerned. He has never hushed up what happened and neither has the NRA. Do you expect the NRA to take out a full page ad in the Daily Mail to let everyone know whats going on kukkuk - there's no secrecy about it but equally there's no point in making an over-the-top fuss about it either. The person concerned was dealt with by the Disciplinary Committee but his own conscience punished him far more than anything the NRA could have done.

Also find the facts out about the RUAG ammo - last years batch was unfit for purpose and returned to supplier. End of. Where's the story about that? Rather boring if that's what you think passes for gossip!

Any other rumours you want clarifying?
Dangermouse

#18 Post by Dangermouse »

I have one,

is it true that a plane from the second workd war was found in the area behind the butts?
Supposedly a German bomber that no one knew was there until a fire fighting team went in to out out a fire,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
karen

#19 Post by karen »

Dangermouse wrote:I have one,

is it true that a plane from the second workd war was found in the area behind the butts?
Supposedly a German bomber that no one knew was there until a fire fighting team went in to out out a fire,

DM
I'm not THAT old cheeky :lol:

Not heard that one but Ted in the Museum will know - will ask next time I see him unless anyone else knows.

Lots of old bombs and grenades have been found in the camp from time to time - Big Jim found about 6 a few years back whilst digging near the old railway line.

Love

karen
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#20 Post by Strangely Brown »

DM, I believe it's existence was known.

I actually thought it was in the Long Siberia area??
I dare say somebody will belong in a moment to put us both right!
Mick