NRA Accounts

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
John MH

Re: NRA Accounts

#51 Post by John MH »

Horses for courses, I'm running an event in August that after paying the NRA the full going rate for the Range will still make in the order of £2000 profit, RO's aren't getting paid anything neither are Butts Officers and I'm still turning people away who want to enter as the event sold out in less than a week.
JSHarris
Home club or Range: Old Windsor

#52 Post by JSHarris »

good for you, i hope it goes well.
John MH

#53 Post by John MH »

Thanks, CoF has been published as well for those that want to practice and hone their marksmanship skills beforehand. ;)
Maggot

#54 Post by Maggot »

tackb wrote:^^^^^ calm down maggot , nobody is taking your toys away !
wtfwtf
Maggot

#55 Post by Maggot »

Cad Monkey wrote:
Maggot wrote:
TJC wrote:Wow F-Class is toast.
I doubt it.

Firstly, it aint cheap to compete so if you want niche, then it may well comply. The NRA reffered to F as the formula 1 of shooting, right or wrong they may have a point.
Yep, they do indeed have a point, it compares nicely to formula 1. Large amounts of money spent on a very boring discipline.
Well done, yet another dig by one shooter against another :cool2:

I have had my fun, in the old days the targets used to shoot back fingerscrossed

Go figure
Maggot

#56 Post by Maggot »

JSHarris wrote:good for you, i hope it goes well.
Likewise John, carry on normal jogging...I mean shooting... :shakeshout:
rox

#57 Post by rox »

Maggot wrote:Well done, yet another dig by one shooter against another :cool2:
Hmmmmm: Pot -> Kettle!
Maggot wrote:even if some of us wear more leather than a DFS showroom :55:
Maggot wrote:If it's a hot day and you go anywhere near the TR lot you will be overwhelmed by the smell of hot leather, sweat and searing flesh....we don't call em the bondage crew for nowt :twisted:
Dougan

#58 Post by Dougan »

rox wrote:
Maggot wrote:If it's a hot day and you go anywhere near the TR lot you will be overwhelmed by the smell of hot leather, sweat and searing flesh....we don't call em the bondage crew for nowt :twisted:
I've met Maggot on the point a couple of times (in between bondage sessions in the mid-day sun razz ), and when he's not casually laying about pulling a trigger (F-Class shooting razz ) he's a very friendly chap.....I assure you any 'digs' about TR is friendly banter.
Maggot

#59 Post by Maggot »

Dougan wrote:
rox wrote:
I've met Maggot on the point a couple of times (in between bondage sessions in the mid-day sun razz ), and when he's not casually laying about pulling a trigger (F-Class shooting razz ) he's a very friendly chap.....I assure you any 'digs' about TR is friendly banter.
Thanks chap, yes it is friendly banter.

The most hurtfull thing about that was trigger pulling...what...we dont pull, we haul like a bog chain mate clapclap

Still, yes, one mans banter is another mans chain well and truly yanked I guess.

The DFS joke was made to myself by my other half (Matt, or Gerald if you prefer) on the firing point at the NLRC shoot last year (at his expense because it reffered to the amount of leather required to produse a leather jacket that would fit us). The bugger still owes me cos I nearly choked laughing. Something I dont get the oportunity to do often enough.

I used to shoot TR myself a long time ago and loved it (full and small bore). I still wonder the point of F/TR whan you can shoot as well as Steve East, but I am afraid I could not get into the correct position now, hence I dont shoot CSR either.

As regards F1 and Fclass, well boring is as boring does. If someone had told me back in the day that a 7.62x51 (for the want of being pedantic, I was Warminster programmed to that's what I would compare with) bolt action rifle could be as accurate and precise as what we now have access to I would have laughed.

You could argue that is is pointless not to constantly strive to get the best out of you kit and yourself....which would make a huge majority of folks shooting activities pointless because they just enjoy a plink with factory ammo....so I am boring and pontless...the charges are mounting up.

So yes... wtfwtf ...if accuracy and precision is boring.....I will enjoy being as bored as humanly possible for the rest of my days...or until I blow myself up in the garage, whichever comes sooner :oops:

That said TR does have one redeeming feature

"Have you seen the totty it seems to attract these days" :shakeshout:

Our lot (we have quite a few silver haired shooters) are thinking about getting a club defibrilator and spare range matt (to allow tongues to stay dust free) :twisted:

Dougan... I am really an utter B@stard mate but dont let on ;)

Banter...I aint even started yet