Target Hire Promotions

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
rox

Target Hire Promotions

#1 Post by rox »

Apologies in advance to non Bisley shooters, NRA haters etc.

We held a promotion in my local bar recently (a very small place with a regular local crowd): regular punters got 4 free beers. The place was predictably busy, and made significantly higher revenues than a usual Saturday night. Not rocket science.

What about Bisley target hire promotions? Pick a day when there is low usage, or when there is a lot of slack space due to safety separation, and run a promotion. "300 yard Saturday - 20% off 300 yard target hire". Surely this would increase usage (potentially significantly) while consolidating range users to a single distance (reducing slack space and easing the job of preparing and distributing targets). Do the same for each distance, so there is one promo weekend per year at each distance. Is this so crazy?

20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Target Hire Promotions

#2 Post by 20series »

Sounds like a good idea to me, better a reduced income than none

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

I have been banging on about this for the last 20 years or so!
Go to Bisley in the week and its deserted apart from ninjas on Short Siberia.
The only flaw is if its not busy any way would lower rates pull people in?
I had one lane at 100 on Century for a morning (Friday) and it cost me £24 which I didn't think was so bad.
Obviously I did my own marking, which, to be honest, is a right pain due to walking so far to the butts.
If I had shared it with a couple of mates it would have been £8 a head. (don't have any mates!)
I always thought the Range Office target was a good idea where you paid per hour for a shared target at x distance.
I would still like to see a midweek discount though, especially on a Friday.
How about one distance full price and the second half price?
Tony
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#4 Post by Gaz »

The reason the place is so dead midweek is because the vast majority of shooters have 9-5 Mon-Fri jobs. The NRA could offer free target hire midweek and turnout would be about the same as it is now.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
rox

#5 Post by rox »

mag41uk wrote:I would still like to see a midweek discount though, especially on a Friday.
There is already a weekday discount. I'm definintely talking about periodically on weekends to achieve volume. It would be equally valid to get more people out on quiet weekends, and to make better utlisation of the available space at busy times (by coercing range use to a single distance, thereby reducing slack space cause by safety template separation). To have any chance of being a big success it would have to be heavily publicised well in advance, so that clubs and individuals could plan their bookings to fit-in. There would obviously be spin-off benefits throughout the camp due to higher utilisation, and it might even allow better planning of firing-point maintenance and recovery time. Pretty much every sucessful business has promotions of some sort.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Great idea, in theory it will bring more people in giving higher target utilisation so revenue loss if any is negligible, people see the place is buy, thing it must be a good place so book more targets leading to a busier Bisley.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal