HOG Rally withdraws from Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
rox

Re: HOG Rally withdraws from Bisley

#21 Post by rox »

mag41uk wrote:I looked through those accounts and noticed the quite considerable jump in Professional fees from 2011 to 2012.

Tony
Lots of sacking went on during that period, and consequently lots of tribunals etc (some of the sacking was done very badly).

nfrancis
Home club or Range: NRA, Fulwood (Liverpool), Frome & District

#22 Post by nfrancis »

The NRA Treasurers report to general Council is on the NRA website: http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/news ... 3Dec13.pdf

I'd forget anything back in 2011 (or even 2012). Nothing that can be done about that that hasn't already been done or said. We know the NRA took their eye off the ball back then. Hopefully its well and truly back on it now.

After a bad couple of years, 2013 was financially successful - £305k positive. Outlook for 2014 looks good - projected £450k surplus. 2015-2016 financial projections also look good.

The NRA's strategic vision for 2014-16 aims to concentrate on investing into the fabric of Bisley camp (20+ years of underinvestment) and concentrate on the promotion of shooting as a sport. I'm guessing side shows like bike rallies, car boot fairs and wedding festivals do not align with this strategy.
nfrancis

#23 Post by nfrancis »

Gaz wrote: To quote the NRA Treasurer, "We all need to remember that a pound paid into the NRA is a pound available to sustain our sport; one that is not spent is a drain on our sport."
Which NRA treasurer said that? Not the one that got them into a half million financial black hole a couple of years back?
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#24 Post by Demonic69 »

nfrancis wrote: The NRA's strategic vision for 2014-16 aims to concentrate on investing into the fabric of Bisley camp (20+ years of underinvestment) and concentrate on the promotion of shooting as a sport.
What ratio would that investment be? How much plowed into Bisley vs the money spent on promoting shooting outside of Bisley entirely?

Sent from my HTC One using "An application"
rox

#25 Post by rox »

nfrancis wrote:
Gaz wrote: To quote the NRA Treasurer, "We all need to remember that a pound paid into the NRA is a pound available to sustain our sport; one that is not spent is a drain on our sport."
Which NRA treasurer said that? Not the one that got them into a half million financial black hole a couple of years back?
Sounds like a change of government. "It is all their fault, we just inherited the mess". Exactly which treasurer are you blaming? Name please.

nfrancis

#26 Post by nfrancis »

Demonic69 wrote: What ratio would that investment be? How much plowed into Bisley vs the money spent on promoting shooting outside of Bisley entirely?
For 2014 £310k on camp mtce and investment.

Overall into the future - £200k to be kept in cash reserves with any surpluses to be invested in capital and development projects. For the period of 2014-16 inclusive the aspiration is to invest £1m into the camp infrastructure.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#27 Post by Demonic69 »

Wow, £1m would go a long way to making them an actual "national" association! But I digress, thanks for the info.

I don't read my own signature!
nfrancis

#28 Post by nfrancis »

rox wrote:
nfrancis wrote:
Sounds like a change of government. "It is all their fault, we just inherited the mess". Exactly which treasurer are you blaming? Name please.
Bruce Pollard - and my mistake - he wasn't the treasurer - he was the NRA Finance Director.