NRA continue IPSC bid

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: NRA continue IPSC bid

#31 Post by mag41uk »

As usual the NRA are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
I swear the death of shooting in the UK will be from shooters themselves!
Did any one here ever go to the 3 gun shoots at Minsterley?
Started up by members of Wrexham after the pistol "re-classification".
FAC Shottie, GRSB and GRCF all shot on steel plates.
Quite literally banks and banks of various shape and size steel plates at distances out to 90 yards or so.
You would probably get through 300 to 400 rounds over a weekend.
All came to an end when the range changed hands.
As far as I know the racks of plates are still there and I believe it was suggested to get them to Bisley (where else eh!).
If the NRA do have dedicated PSG bays it may be that some 3 gun can be run at a grander level.
(I am aware of the multi gun events that have taken place at Bizzers.)
And I would love to see ETR targets on Stickledown. Plenty going rusty at Sennybridge!
Tony
Primer

#32 Post by Primer »

John MH wrote:Chicken and egg problem.

There are plenty of places all over the UK to shoot PSG, why should the NRA bother?

"If you build it they will come"

Will those from the far North or West come when the have local facilities?
John, maybe they don't want to marginalise any shooting discipline and want to offer something to everyone and become a true national organisation ?

No I wouldn't expect someone to travel from the far north for a comp that far away, as lets face it for most its just a hobby and an expensive one at that, i'm lucky as Shield is only 25 miles away, Romsey is just over an hour away as will be Frome's shotgun ground at Guernay Slade but this year I hope to go to a few grounds further away such as Worcester Norton and Rossendale (but that's over 500 mile round trip) and I would like to include Bisley too as I hope to try out CSR later in the year. In theory I could just stick at Shield all year as from March to December there is at least 1 comp if not 2 every month be it shotgun, rifle or multigun but I do like the variety of comps at other grounds.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#33 Post by Blackstuff »

John MH wrote:Chicken and egg problem.

There are plenty of places all over the UK to shoot PSG, why should the NRA bother?

"If you build it they will come"

Will those from the far North or West come when the have local facilities?
Short answer NO! Which is precisely why i see no point in forking out another £70 membership for facilities i'll almost certainly never use, nor would i encourage the NRA with such a gesture which may suggest that i am in favour of the proposal (from the limited details released). Hopefully when the proposal is unveiled it will show how the NRA is going to put matches on anywhere other than Bisley.

FYI: IPSC does not organise, put on, staff or in anyway shape or form have anything to do with the 'grunt' ground work at matches, it is the members themselves. IPSC only acts as the international governing body, writes the rulebook to shoot matches to and 'signs off' courses of fire for Level 2 comps and above. The majority of the matches are Lv 1 which IPSC has nothing to do with (other than the matches are usually shot in accordance with the IPSC rulebook).

If the people who organise, RO and attend these matches are not happy about the NRA take over there is potential that ANOTHER splinter group is formed (Like F4i who split from UKPSA). Is another sub-division of a small shooting discipline going to help?

At least it isn't long until the full proposal is to be disclosed (allegedly at the end of this month) and this can be put to bed either way
DVC
JSHarris
Home club or Range: Old Windsor

#34 Post by JSHarris »

An awful lot of crap being spouted by people who think they know more than they do, or who have been fed misleading / partial or skewed data.

Just where did the "dedicated ranges JUST for PSG " idea come from? As far as i am concerned there will be no ranges JUST for a particular discipline! I mean will the ETR be reserved for JUST for the CSR events?

I also suggest you dont belive the UKPSA bulletin as being completely accurate.....
JSHarris

#35 Post by JSHarris »

Blackstuff wrote:, are all non-Lv1 matches going to have to shot there? :

really? where did you get that load of old tosh from?
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#36 Post by the running man »

I don't beleive a thing that comes out of the ukpsa...
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
JSHarris

#37 Post by JSHarris »

run faster, they might hear you..........
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#38 Post by the running man »

You tell em yourself James, after all your and andys number one fan!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#39 Post by Blackstuff »

JSHarris wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:, are all non-Lv1 matches going to have to shot there? :

really? where did you get that load of old tosh from?
Thats a question, not a statement James clapclap , and i take it you (selectively?) missed;
Blackstuff wrote: Hopefully when the proposal is unveiled it will show how the NRA is going to put matches on anywhere other than Bisley.
Again, to clarify this is not a statement.
DVC
JSHarris

#40 Post by JSHarris »

Sorry, just a bit fed up with all the lies and malicious rumours being spread about at the moment.

When i can tell you i will,

cheers

j