NRA continue IPSC bid

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
IsleShoot

NRA continue IPSC bid

#1 Post by IsleShoot »

I hear the UKPSA have confirmed after meeting with the NRA that the later is intending to continue with its bid to take control of the IPSC UK franchise and is planning on building 6no. dedicated practical bays at Bisley in order to hold L2 or above comps for PSG and 'other' disciplines.

UKPSA have offered to give advice on layout etc... Could this be the start of a more harmonious relationship?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: NRA continue IPSC bid

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Out of curiosity who else if any, has taken an interest in controlling the UK IPSC?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

IsleShoot wrote: Could this be the start of a more harmonious relationship?

More than likely the death knell for UKPSA, which honestly has been on it's way since 1997....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

As I understand it, the NRA does not do so well at being represented or running events away from Bisley. My concern would be that whatever is required to officially run one of these comps becomes all but impossible unless you can attend Bisley to be certified or that running comps away from Bisley becomes too difficult.

I would like to know why they are trying to take this over, who is behind it and what their aims are. As a NRA member I do not remember being canvassed regards this.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Out of curiosity who else if any, has taken an interest in controlling the UK IPSC?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#6 Post by John MH »

UKPSA currently control, NRA are bidding for control.
NRA proposal to IPSC for Governing Body Status

The NRA has recently applied to the International Practical Shooting Confederation for recognition as the administrative body for Great Britain (excluding Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands).

The Association recognises the growing importance and popularity of our newer dynamic shooting disciplines such as Target Shotgun and Civilian Service Rifle. Securing recognition from the IPSC would allow NRA teams to compete on the International Stage as with other disciplines including Target Rifle, F Class, Gallery Rifle and Sporting Rifle; and help us develop a series of successful competitions throughout the country.

The UKPSA, who are affiliated to the NRA, is the current IPSC administrative body for the GB region.

The IPSC Executive Council has reviewed our proposals and further discussions are scheduled later this year.

Andrew Mercer
Secretary General
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#7 Post by Mike357 »

Nobody else seems to have shown any interest from what I can gather off other threads elsewhere and what James Harris has been able to say.

I would imagine that in order to gain the UK IPSC control, the NRA would have to give assurances that the discipline would be promoted and encouraged Nationwide and not just at Bisley as that would be a step backwards from where the UKPSA are now. How they do that remains to be seen.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Seeing as how they don't seem to be making much of a fist out of promoting any form of shooting outside of Bisley why would anyone think this would be any different?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Dangermouse wrote:As I understand it, the NRA does not do so well at being represented or running events away from Bisley. My concern would be that whatever is required to officially run one of these comps becomes all but impossible unless you can attend Bisley to be certified or that running comps away from Bisley becomes too difficult.

I would like to know why they are trying to take this over, who is behind it and what their aims are. As a NRA member I do not remember being canvassed regards this.

DM
/\ This

Without IPSC RO's i don't know how they're going stage ANY matches, inside or outside of Bisley in the short term should the bid be successful.
DVC
Blackstuff

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

IsleShoot wrote:I hear the UKPSA have confirmed after meeting with the NRA that the later is intending to continue with its bid to take control of the IPSC UK franchise and is planning on building 6no. dedicated practical bays at Bisley in order to hold L2 or above comps for PSG and 'other' disciplines.

UKPSA have offered to give advice on layout etc... Could this be the start of a more harmonious relationship?
I understand that if they don't win the bid this development will be shelved Doesn't exactly show commitment to the sport. Even if they are built, how long will that take? Where will any Lv2 or higher matches be shot in the mean time? And more importantly, are all non-Lv1 matches going to have to shot there? If so i guess i'll never be putting in a Championship score or be graded again ****

It is also my understanding that during said meeting ONLY PSG was discussed There was no mention of mini/gallery/LBF matches :bad:
DVC