NRA continue IPSC bid

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: NRA continue IPSC bid

#41 Post by saddler »

JSHarris wrote:Sorry, just a bit fed up with all the lies and malicious rumours being spread about at the moment.

When i can tell you i will,

cheers

j
Can you not just tell me instead? tongueout
Dougan

#42 Post by Dougan »

Dangermouse wrote:The target shotgun events ran during the various gallery rifle events are always well attended as are the other shotgun events. I am confident that there are enough people who attend Bisley to warrant developing a range or bays.

DM
I'm hearing of quite a few gallery rifle shooters who are starting to give PSG a go at the gallery meetings.

And I think the NRA are taking the discipline seriously...these are the details of the PSG discipline days they're going to run - http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=3433 (from the NRA home page) ...looks like a good day out even if you didn't want to take up PSG...
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#43 Post by saddler »

Dougan wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:The target shotgun events ran during the various gallery rifle events are always well attended as are the other shotgun events. I am confident that there are enough people who attend Bisley to warrant developing a range or bays.

DM
...looks like a good day out even if you didn't want to take up PSG...
Or a good THREE days out for some; a day each way driving to/from Bisley, then the day of the shoot.
I see no problems with that - aside from fuel, lack of decent accommodation, high Bisley entry fees, etc.

IF the NRA take on the IPSC it'll be yet another Bisley-centric discipline, with the regions left to sink or swim.

I am not a member of ANY PSG organisation - so would I have to join the NRA to do IPSC PSG shoots?
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#44 Post by 4Islander »

saddler wrote:
Dougan wrote:

DM
Or a good THREE days out for some; a day each way driving to/from Bisley, then the day of the shoot.
I see no problems with that - aside from fuel, lack of decent accommodation, high Bisley entry fees, etc.

IF the NRA take on the IPSC it'll be yet another Bisley-centric discipline, with the regions left to sink or swim.

I am not a member of ANY PSG organisation - so would I have to join the NRA to do IPSC PSG shoots?
Saddler

Traveling to matches has always been a part of IPSC in the UK.

It doesnt matter who controls it be it the UKPSA or the NRA both will need willing clubs to host IPSC matches for them.

One of the reasons the UKPSA has struggled is because few clubs were willing to host matches for them.

The UKPSA only administer the sport as would the NRA if they do take it over, willing clubs to build & run matches will be needed going forwards who ever hold the reigns.

The NRA will have to administer a nationwide set of championship matches provided by those willing clubs & also the level 1 matches that are open to none members to honor the IPSC franchise requirement.

At four4islands matches membership is not required & no matter what happens between the NRA & UKPSA that option will remain for everyone.

4I
JSHarris
Home club or Range: Old Windsor

#45 Post by JSHarris »

saddler wrote: IF the NRA take on the IPSC it'll be yet another Bisley-centric discipline, with the regions left to sink or swim.
really? think so? Given my history in practical/action/IPSC shooting do you really think that I would be remotely involved if that were to be the case?

Like i said i will tell you what I can when I can, until then please stop speculating or passing on ill informed rumours.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#46 Post by Mike357 »

saddler wrote:
Dougan wrote:

DM

Saddler, what are the chances of the club at Dunfermline becoming a centre for PSG in Scotland? There is a golden opportunity here as I'm sure if the NRA are successful they will be looking to demonstrate their commitment to IPSC out in the regions. Read into that possibly some financial support? They could get into bed with the UKPSA to and F4i providing their was no dummy spitting.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
techguy

#47 Post by techguy »

Mike357 wrote:They could get into bed with the UKPSA to and F4i providing their was no dummy spitting.
That would be nice... however, too much dummy spitting and associated **** **** **** happens with PSG from *BOTH* sides (and from outsiders who don't even give a toss about PSG).

This makes me sad!
John MH

#48 Post by John MH »

At least it can be discussed here, elsewhere its not allowed to be mentioned.
techguy

#49 Post by techguy »

Very true John!