What does the North want?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: What does the North want?

#31 Post by Alpha1 »

I have heard a rumour that we have a NRA northern representative but I don't have any evidence to support that.
Erika

#32 Post by Erika »

Dougan wrote:
Erika wrote: So why would you not the NRA to take up a similar position and lobby in support of target shooters (although BASC lobby for target shooters too and not just game shots)?
Because I'd rather the NRA concentrate on their main task right now (bearing in mind previous performance), which is promoting target shooting...though don't forget that one of the benefits if membership is legal advice and help with firearm related issues.

I'm not going to object to them doing what they can though, and was pleased to see the Daily Telegraph petition on the NRA homepage...something that some of their critics may not have realised...
I wasn't aware of that myself.
Erika
Chair & Treasurer
http://firearmsuk.org/
Dougan

#33 Post by Dougan »

Alpha1 wrote:I have heard a rumour that we have a NRA northern representative but I don't have any evidence to support that.
You say 'we'...are you an individual member of the NRA?

I'm assuming that your club is affiliated - Has your club ever had an issue that they contacted their rep about, but was not given help at all?...My club down here got some assistance from our rep resolving an issue with the MOD at our local range...
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#34 Post by Alpha1 »

I don't know who he is have we got one.
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#35 Post by Steve E »

Alpha1 wrote:I don't know who he is have we got one.
Are you in the North West or the North East? If the the answer is yes, then yes you have a NRA Regional rep, there is one for each of the regions. If you don't know who it is contact them off the NRA Website.
Are you a member of the NRA? Is you club affiliated? If the answer to these questions are yes then you know how to contact your rep. If the answer is no, then no you do'nt have a rep as you do'nt deserve one. Why should the NRA represent shooters who are not prepared to join?