NRA certification assessment day 26th jan

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

NRA certification assessment day 26th jan

#1 Post by jay851 »

hi
have emailed the nra about this day but not got a reply yet. can someone in the know just fill me in on this please. me and my boy want to add scoped rifle to our certification so can we just book up and go to this day. i see that there are only half hour slots, so is that the only shooting time we would get, as it will be a long drive just for half hours shooting.
any help much appreciated.

atb
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
DL.

Re: NRA certification assessment day 26th jan

#2 Post by DL. »

Don't expect too much - they didn't reply to my letter about SCC either.
Some way to run a business. :roll:
majordisorder

#3 Post by majordisorder »

I did 3 certifications in a morning and shot about 10 rounds so don't expect much range time. You could always rent a lane afterwards though
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#4 Post by jay851 »

ok fella cheers. may book a lane as i will have to pay to rent a rifle anyway, so may aswell get some use with it.

atb
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

jay851 wrote:hi
have emailed the nra about this day but not got a reply yet. can someone in the know just fill me in on this please. me and my boy want to add scoped rifle to our certification so can we just book up and go to this day. i see that there are only half hour slots, so is that the only shooting time we would get, as it will be a long drive just for half hours shooting.
any help much appreciated.

atb
jay
I would have thought the purpose of your trip to Bisley is not really for the shooting time but the certification course.

If you need the certification on the SSC and your local club chairman will not/can not do it then you'll have to go to Bisley, come what may.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.