NRA membership department

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: NRA membership department

#91 Post by mr smith »

The Cupcake Kid wrote:
mackie wrote:I guess I'd better tell James that he's doing nothing for practical shooting. I take it you are aware that the NRA have made a bid to be the IPSC organisation in the UK?
Who's James?
Yes, we are aware of that and you would have been too if you had read this thread from the beginning.
What do you know about the bid?

I assume that'll be James Harris NRA rep for shotgunny shooting type of thing......target shotgun/PSG.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#92 Post by Blackstuff »

mr smith wrote: I assume that'll be James Harris NRA rep for shotgunny shooting type of thing......target shotgun/PSG.
Christ i hope none of the main protagonists in either camp don't see that :o bangbang :lol:
DVC
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#93 Post by mr smith »

Blackstuff wrote:
mr smith wrote: I assume that'll be James Harris NRA rep for shotgunny shooting type of thing......target shotgun/PSG.
Christ i hope none of the main protagonists in either camp don't see that :o bangbang :lol:

That would be non IPSC PSG of course. :squirrel:
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#94 Post by the running man »

All this rowing about practical shotgun is going to kill it if folk aren't to careful.......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#95 Post by Strangely Brown »

lapua338 wrote:I was thinking that perhaps a K31 would be appropriate for the Historic category? And that's limiting because it only has a 6-round magazine. Although, I do have 3 magazines + spare chargers.
Historic Enfield's only in CSR I'm afraid, quite a few of the lads shoot them in CSR.

Getting back to your moan about Bisley; I don't recognise the Bisley you describe!
Mick
Dougan

#96 Post by Dougan »

lapua338 wrote: From my understanding, it's also a dying discipline (and all the better for it)
I'll agree with you about the fact that the NRA has been badly run for some while, but the more positive of us are pleased by the recent changes and are prepared to give them them a chance to sort it out...time will tell.

As for the rest of your post, especially comments like the one above, show that you have little 'understanding' about what goes on at Bisley or the future of competitive shooting at all.
The Cupcake Kid

#97 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

mackie wrote:I should have made it clear that I was addressing lapua338 specifically. I only know what has been mentioned here and on f4i.
My apologies. Totally misinterpreted your post. As you were...
"Wherever Pie Man is, The Cupcake Kid will not be far behind"
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#98 Post by Mattnall »

Strangely Brown wrote:
lapua338 wrote:I was thinking that perhaps a K31 would be appropriate for the Historic category? And that's limiting because it only has a 6-round magazine. Although, I do have 3 magazines + spare chargers.
Historic Enfield's only in CSR I'm afraid, quite a few of the lads shoot them in CSR.

Getting back to your moan about Bisley; I don't recognise the Bisley you describe!
There is the 'Any Iron Sights' class.

Basically if you have a rifle that will hold 10 rounds (preferably in a detachable mag, but not necessary) then it'll be welcome and will have a class to go in to.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#99 Post by kennyc »

Mattnall wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:

Basically if you have a rifle that will hold 10 rounds (preferably in a detachable mag, but not necessary) then it'll be welcome and will have a class to go in to.
that pretty much rules out anything without Lee and Enfield in the name tongueout
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#100 Post by Mattnall »

kennyc wrote:
Mattnall wrote:

that pretty much rules out anything without Lee and Enfield in the name tongueout
Admittedly the K31 would be out (am I right in thinking that's a 6 rnd mag?) but any other rifle that has a 10rnd capacity there will be a class for .
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.