Bisley Shooter Certification Card - Renewal/Up keep

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Bisley Shooter Certification Card - Renewal/Up keep

#21 Post by IainWR »

John MH wrote:Is this 'Logging' in only required by NRA members whose 'Primary' Club is the NRA?
No. If you are shooting as an NRA member then we the NRA want you to complete the record on behalf of your club (the NRA) so that the club meets its legal obligation.
John MH

#22 Post by John MH »

But if my primary club is not the NRA do I have to log onto your system and theirs if shooting a match at Bisley, if so its double accounting and surely not entirely correct.

I'd like to see the queue in the Range Office if the 100 competitors at tomorrows CSR match all try to log on either before or after shooting, how many computers do you have available?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#23 Post by IainWR »

I did acknowledge that the system isn't all it might be.

You only have to record your shooting once - with the club that you are operating as a member of - and it is the responsibility of that club to ensure that the record is made.

One computer.

About 20 seconds for one entry, if you know what you are doing.

I agree, not ideal, but right now I do not have a better solution, so please make the best of it until I do, which may be some time as there are many problems to fix and we just don't have the resources to tackle them all at once.

Iain
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#24 Post by kennyc »

tried to log on yesterday.....I wasn't in the Data base! so no record (unless I wanted to fill in paper forms! ) so just signed in with my club as normal. :cool2: