NRA finances

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
ratters

NRA finances

#1 Post by ratters »

I have just opened my new copy of the NRA journal and was delighted to read that borrowings of £400,000 have been paid back and they have a "war chest of several hundred thousand pounds". It looks as though are improving, so lets hope it continues.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: NRA finances

#2 Post by Mike357 »

I for one saw the change in leadership as a positive and joined earlier this year. The above would seem to suggest further improvements in the management and organisation.

Well done NRA.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

My copies of the Journal are here, I will open one and have a read in a bit.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#4 Post by Gaz »

Is there a web link to the accounts/financial tables anywhere?
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#5 Post by channel12 »

I seem to remember there was lots of criticism over the appointment of Mr Mercer because he wasn't a shooter. However I thought his previous background in managing a country house estate as a visitor attraction was just we needed. I have noticed the small incremental improvements to the ranges each time I visit once a month in winter.
This month having done a 500 yd to 300yd rundown I realised the ditch after the 400yd fp had been culverted eliminating those dodgy sleeper bridges and now I'm hoping that the water filled deeply rutted hole aka Century Lake between 300 & 200 yds is a thing of the past, it wasn't fun having to run through it.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by IainWR »

channel12 wrote:I seem to remember there was lots of criticism over the appointment of Mr Mercer because he wasn't a shooter. However I thought his previous background in managing a country house estate as a visitor attraction was just we needed. I have noticed the small incremental improvements to the ranges each time I visit once a month in winter.
This month having done a 500 yd to 300yd rundown I realised the ditch after the 400yd fp had been culverted eliminating those dodgy sleeper bridges and now I'm hoping that the water filled deeply rutted hole aka Century Lake between 300 & 200 yds is a thing of the past, it wasn't fun having to run through it.

The drainage in that area has been improved; we will have to wait and see how effective it is. Sorry we missed a trick in doing the ditch at 290 yds at the same time - the hope is to pick that job up in the next round.
John MH

#7 Post by John MH »

What are the ETR plans metioned?
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#8 Post by Steve E »

Gaz wrote:Is there a web link to the accounts/financial tables anywhere?
Go to the NRA homepage and you will find the link

Edit: Its only the Treasurers brief report to Council