NRA Shooting Club

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: NRA Shooting Club

#11 Post by shugie »

Hauptman wrote:It's not just for probationers. It gives a full NRA member the opportunity to shoot/chinwag with others at a reasonable cost.
A low season target with marker costs £58.50 for four hours, so if you don't actually know any other shooters who qualify to share a target with, (and if you do, try getting them all there at the same time!!), the NRASC is a cost effective alternative.
H/man
That's view that matches my experience.
Careful now/that sort of thing
paulbradley
Home club or Range: RFD

#12 Post by paulbradley »

I think it is Fab and has really helped me get into full bore cost effectively. I have also made great friends and been able to receive and offer advice.
"The end of all etiquette is to so cultivate your mind that even when you are seated, not the roughest ruffian can dare make onset on your person" - The Ogasawara
nfrancis
Home club or Range: NRA, Fulwood (Liverpool), Frome & District

#13 Post by nfrancis »

JonC wrote:At a guess
Gallery Rifle Centre fire
Gallery Rifle Small Bore
Yes - correct.

All the definitions (and more) are here.

http://galleryrifle.com/handbook/handbook-2013/

Anyone wanting a hard copy of the book - PM me your address and I'll post one out.
JonC

#14 Post by JonC »

nfrancis wrote:
JonC wrote:At a guess
Gallery Rifle Centre fire
Gallery Rifle Small Bore
Yes - correct.

All the definitions (and more) are here.

http://galleryrifle.com/handbook/handbook-2013/

Anyone wanting a hard copy of the book - PM me your address and I'll post one out.
Will drop you a PM. I have just become a full member of the NRA so can shoot outside of my current club, are there any GR intro sessions? I would need to hire or borrow a rifle as my .22LR is a hunting rifle.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by IainWR »

IainWR wrote:
Demonic69 wrote:Iain, how much is rifle hire etc, roughly?
Unfortunately, I don't know the charging basis, and I've just had a look at the NRA website, which is a bit out of date on this subject (It shows a 2012 list, but there is a 2013 list of guns for hire on issue) and doesn't include the critical element of how much.

Will try to get that fixed when I get back to work tomorrow.

Iain
Really sorry this week has been just too busy to deal with this. NRASC are at Bisley tomorrow and I am duty manager - I will ask prices.

Iain
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#16 Post by Steve E »

Firearm hire is £5 per half day for each firearm that you hire. Ammunition is charged according to calibre and brand. It costs £20 per half day to shoot with the NRASC. All firearms need to be booked in advance.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#17 Post by kennyc »

£40 a day to shoot with the NRASC? a bit pricey, the last time any of our members paid that much was when only 2 of them turned up ! how many people turn up for NRASC shoots ?
alexham

#18 Post by alexham »

Hauptman wrote:It's not just for probationers. It gives a full NRA member the opportunity to shoot/chinwag with others at a reasonable cost.
A low season target with marker costs £58.50 for four hours, so if you don't actually know any other shooters who qualify to share a target with, (and if you do, try getting them all there at the same time!!), the NRASC is a cost effective alternative.
H/man
So, how much it costs to shoot with NRASC for half a day, low Season?
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#19 Post by Steve E »

alexham wrote:
H/man
So, how much it costs to shoot with NRASC for half a day, low Season?
For the NRASC there is no low season that I am aware of. It is £20 per half day. This seems expensive but when you consider that there are targets on Century,Short Siberia, Stickledown (all with markers that have to be paid for) and a bay on Melville there is an awful lot of shooting that is available. The NRASC has to pay the full cost of the facilities and any 'profit' is re-invested into the NRA's firearms and equipment. If you are only shooting at one range/distance it will always be cheaper to organise a target yourself and get a few mates to help with the costs.
Hauptman

#20 Post by Hauptman »

Alex: It costs myself and five friends approx. £11 each for a half day mid-week, during which we would normally expect to get through 50 rds each.
We have a routine which maximises our use of the time available, and allows a break for the marker at half time.

H/man