NRA Shooting Club

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

NRA Shooting Club

#1 Post by mag41uk »

Any one have any experience?
Rounds per pound etc?
Tony
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: NRA Shooting Club

#2 Post by IainWR »

It's not so much the rounds per pound, it's the sharing of target space at Bisley so you don't have to shell out for 3 x half days if you want to do three different things in a morning. It's the rifles for hire and ammo for sale at the back of the firing point. It's the chance to try something from the NRAs extensive range of rifles - OK these are Club rifles, but if you want to fire a Moisin-Nagant, a Swedish Mauser, a Mod '17 in .30-06 or a SMLE we have them, as well as modern rifles that are up to a standard to give you a serious view on what F-TR is actually about, and the chance to experiment with GRCF and GRSB before you decide that this is for you and splash out several hundred pounds.

Legally, the NRASC is just an electronic mailing list; it has no separate identity from the rest of the NRA under the Firearms Acts.

Iain
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#3 Post by Demonic69 »

Iain, how much is rifle hire etc, roughly?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#4 Post by shugie »

Been to a couple of weekday events, plenty of time to shoot, no marking duty, only issue was that working out whose turn it is to shoot next is not always easy.
Careful now/that sort of thing
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by IainWR »

Demonic69 wrote:Iain, how much is rifle hire etc, roughly?
Unfortunately, I don't know the charging basis, and I've just had a look at the NRA website, which is a bit out of date on this subject (It shows a 2012 list, but there is a 2013 list of guns for hire on issue) and doesn't include the critical element of how much.

Will try to get that fixed when I get back to work tomorrow.

Iain
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

and the chance to experiment with GRCF and GRSB before you decide that this is for you and splash out several hundred pounds.
What does GRCF and GRSB stand for please.
JonC

#7 Post by JonC »

At a guess
Gallery Rifle Centre fire
Gallery Rifle Small Bore
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

At a guess
Gallery Rifle Centre fire
Gallery Rifle Small Bore
Thank you
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#9 Post by mag41uk »

Thanks for replies.
It comes across that the NRASC is really for probationers.
Am I missing something?
I already shoot alot at Bisley and thought I might get a bit more in with the NRASC!
Tony
Hauptman

#10 Post by Hauptman »

It's not just for probationers. It gives a full NRA member the opportunity to shoot/chinwag with others at a reasonable cost.
A low season target with marker costs £58.50 for four hours, so if you don't actually know any other shooters who qualify to share a target with, (and if you do, try getting them all there at the same time!!), the NRASC is a cost effective alternative.
H/man