Ayone have any contacts in Shooting Federation of Canada?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Apphelia

Ayone have any contacts in Shooting Federation of Canada?

#1 Post by Apphelia »

...well it is a national body, so I thought it was fair game here :)

I am currently toiling on a database update for our sight adjustment app. We have a raft of targets to add from ICFRA, DCRA, DSB... and, as Canada is one of our biggest markets, we would like to add some stuff for SFC/FTC. I have only been able to find definitions for 2 of their myriad of targets :(

I've emailed them twice (May 2013 & May 2012) but to no avail... any pointers from anyone?
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

Re: Ayone have any contacts in Shooting Federation of Canada

#2 Post by johngarnett »

Have you tried 'Dominion of Canada Rifle Assn' ? Google gives www.dcra.ca

Perhaps Iain or Karen have contacts, either official or personnal?

JohnG :cornwall:
Apphelia

#3 Post by Apphelia »

Good idea! I've got DCRA targets - but didn't think of contacting them... I'll give that a go too :)
Apphelia

#4 Post by Apphelia »

Sadly, no response from either :(
johngarnett

#5 Post by johngarnett »

If of any further help..... The Canadian Rifle Team will be at Bisley during the Imperial Meeting at Bisley. They will definately be there on Stickledown Range on Thurs 11 July at 13.30 'cos I should be shooting against them!!

If you are near Bisley you could meet with the top guys at Canada House (RHS as you enter Bisley Camp) during The Meeting.

Hope this helps?

JohnG

PS good luck with Android and a score book app - please?
rox

#6 Post by rox »

johngarnett wrote:If of any further help..... The Canadian Rifle Team will be at Bisley during the Imperial Meeting at Bisley. They will definately be there on Stickledown Range on Thurs 11 July at 13.30
Also on Friday 5th July, so they should be on camp (in part) from approximately that date until the sore heads recover from the celebrations and canon firing after the Queen's final.

Apphelia

#7 Post by Apphelia »

johngarnett wrote:If of any further help..... The Canadian Rifle Team will be at Bisley during the Imperial Meeting at Bisley. They will definately be there on Stickledown Range on Thurs 11 July at 13.30 'cos I should be shooting against them!!

If you are near Bisley you could meet with the top guys at Canada House (RHS as you enter Bisley Camp) during The Meeting.

Hope this helps?

JohnG

PS good luck with Android and a score book app - please?
Cheers, John. Your help and interest are very much appreciated! We've got the Canadian full-bore shooters pretty well covered, I think, since we've added the full DCRA and ICFRA catalogue. We were just a bit short with the smallbore... and although the SFC/FTC sell a whole raft of targets, they only publish dimensions for two!

Pressure of work from another source has interrupted the move to Android, but it's firing up again now. The score book app has always been on the list... but I think that the next one might be a little bit more interesting to the crowd here (but that will be some time away yet). :grin:

Sadly, I am too far removed from Bisley, but I would love the opportunity to shoot there some time in the future.
johngarnett

#8 Post by johngarnett »

"Pressure of work from another source has interrupted the move to Android, but it's firing up again now. The score book app has always been on the list... but I think that the next one might be a little bit more interesting to the crowd here (but that will be some time away yet). "

You can't leave us like this?????????

Eagarly awaiting anything Android + shooting. or could this be an excuse for an iPad??

JohnG
Apphelia

#9 Post by Apphelia »

johngarnett wrote:"Pressure of work from another source has interrupted the move to Android, but it's firing up again now. The score book app has always been on the list... but I think that the next one might be a little bit more interesting to the crowd here (but that will be some time away yet). "

You can't leave us like this?????????
Keep 'em hungry, that's what I always say!
johngarnett wrote: Eagarly awaiting anything Android + shooting. or could this be an excuse for an iPad??

JohnG
...hmmm... excuse for an iPad?