NRA affiliation and Club insurance

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

NRA affiliation and Club insurance

#1 Post by dodgyrog »

My Club (Three Counties) has fallen foul of a bit of jiggery pokey by the NRA. It seems that Club insurance is no longer included in the re-affiliation fee and this has not been made clear to Club secretaries. A supposed reduction in affiliation fee actually represents an increase in the NRA's fee for the third year running.
Our Club secretary found this out on Friday last week and had to stump up £200+ out of his own pocket to pay the insurers directly in order that Landmarc would permit the Club shoot on Sunday to go ahead.
I believe the Tyne Valley Club lost their shoot on Sunday for the same reason.
This has left us up here in the North of England wondering what we are in the NRA for, other than getting to shoot on military ranges.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Chapuis

Re: NRA affiliation and Club insurance

#2 Post by Chapuis »

Are you sure it's not just a mix up between the club and the NRA when renewing the affiliation Rog. I must admit that the NRA system is no easy to work out and can easily lead to confusion.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

I wonder if other clubs have been caught out?
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
karen

#4 Post by karen »

Same happened last year - it wasn't totally clear as I am secretary of a club who is also affiliated as an association so only needed insurance on one of them but it just needed a good read of the letter at the time. The insurance company send a separate letter so you should have both.

Wouldn't call it jiggery pokery as NRA charge was reduced by insurance fee

I found it very simple this year

Love
Karen
Chapuis

#5 Post by Chapuis »

I didn't actually renew the affiliation as I stood down as club secretary last November due to illness, but the new secretary did mention that the capitation fee had gone up this year and we did discuss how the fees have risen since the new system was introduced a few years ago. At that time I believe that many clubs got it wrong as they didn't understand the system. I don't think the system is any different this year but I may be wrong as I haven't studied the renewal forms. We no longer hire MOD ranges so it should be simpler for us but both the new secretary and I agree that the system is a bit too complex and not obvious.
Blackstuff

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

:roll: I'm presuming Ron will be claiming the money back from the clubs funds Roger?
DVC