Short Siberia - Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: Short Siberia - Bisley

#71 Post by Steve E »

I will say this once and it is directed at AlexHam. (and I will probably get banned for it)
In the twenty years that I have known you, what have you done for shooting and the NRA?
From where I stand you have done a big fat zero. You whinge and whine but will not stand up to the plate. You are a net taker from shooting and give nothing back. You have even started to try and stir up a County RA and you are looking ridiculous and alienating any good will that you had.
Yes this a personal statement but I stand by it. Karen and Iain have spent the last twenty years working damn hard for the benefit of shooters both as employees and unpaid volunteer's of the NRA. What have you done?
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#72 Post by Strangely Brown »

Steve E wrote:I will say this once and it is directed at AlexHam. (and I will probably get banned for it)
In the twenty years that I have known you, what have you done for shooting and the NRA?
From where I stand you have done a big fat zero. You whinge and whine but will not stand up to the plate. You are a net taker from shooting and give nothing back. You have even started to try and stir up a County RA and you are looking ridiculous and alienating any good will that you had.
Yes this a personal statement but I stand by it. Karen and Iain have spent the last twenty years working damn hard for the benefit of shooters both as employees and unpaid volunteer's of the NRA. What have you done?
I have shot alongside Alex in the past, and I will admit I have enjoyed his company. But I too find the attack on Karen (and the NRA) just too much and too personal for a forum such as this.
Mick
John25

#73 Post by John25 »

Dougan wrote:Alex you are being out of order again...it's one thing for a thread to get heated, but you're not even being provoked, and you're being far too personal

Also, please don't be so arrogant to say "we all"...because you are not speaking for me.

X2
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
alexham

#74 Post by alexham »

John25 wrote:
Dougan wrote:Alex you are being out of order again...it's one thing for a thread to get heated, but you're not even being provoked, and you're being far too personal

Also, please don't be so arrogant to say "we all"...because you are not speaking for me.
John,
Whether I am being provoked or not is up to me to decide, but since you mentioned it, I am not provoked. However, posting irrelelvant rubbish to thread that raises important question for many is just plain stupid. I shoot with three clubs on Short Siberia. The number of people varies but is aroung 50 in total. I have never been on Short Siberia mid-week and not found it chock-a-block. Many people shoot on Short Siberia and when I say "we" I speak for that group. You are not in that group and I really do not know why you had to emphasise that!

NRA has sold, leased, transferred or gave up Short Siberia to nuclear police without even knowing how many members would be displaced, who they are, what kind of shooting they do and what their needs are. As a PR it absolutely stinks and it is no better as a business decision. We are talking about people's feelings and it does not matter in the least what powers NRA has and whether it has to consult or not.

The thread has been diluted by lots of irrelevant messages. We are all greatly indebted to a man who claims to work 11hr days for NRA, yet has time to post a list of polite titles that a gentleman can be addressed with and that there is an "r" in Landmarc. We are also enriched with the knowledge that Landmarc does not run the ranges on Falklands. I would expect a child of 10 to know that "in every corner of the Empire" is an exagerated All and that it does not refer to any specific area of land. But our professional nitpicker had to ask! SteveE claims to know me "of old" when he means that he does not know me from Adam. Our paths cross about every 2 years on some overcrowded NRA car park and we nod to each other. He asks what I did for NRA. Actually, quite a lot, but why clutter this thread with that rubbish! Ask the NRA. How can I be personal with, say, Karen, when I have never met the woman?

If anyone still wishes to p*** about discussing my ability to spell; whether my writing is gramatically correct; whether English is my first, second or third language; and whether my Oxford educated English master was better qualified to teach English than Karen's mother, please free to start another thread. Leave this one for the poor people who will be adversely affected by the part-demise of Short Siberia and for whom the offered altenative is not the solution.

I am neither offended nor do I feel provoked, but in view what I just wrote I do not see how I could be out of order. You are wasting your time, but in doing so you are also wasting mine and I have better use for it. So, please sod off to another thread and do not enter the threads on Short Siberia.

With kindest regards and affection,

Alex
John25

#75 Post by John25 »

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answers I gave earlier.

The moderators will decide when I am to be excluded from a thread, unless I so decide myself.

I have not thus far, and I will not descend to the level of personal insult.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Dougan

#76 Post by Dougan »

alexham wrote:
John25 wrote:

John,
Whether I am being provoked or not is up to me to decide, but since you mentioned it, I am not provoked. However, posting irrelelvant rubbish to thread that raises important question for many is just plain stupid. I shoot with three clubs on Short Siberia. The number of people varies but is aroung 50 in total. I have never been on Short Siberia mid-week and not found it chock-a-block. Many people shoot on Short Siberia and when I say "we" I speak for that group. You are not in that group and I really do not know why you had to emphasise that!

NRA has sold, leased, transferred or gave up Short Siberia to nuclear police without even knowing how many members would be displaced, who they are, what kind of shooting they do and what their needs are. As a PR it absolutely stinks and it is no better as a business decision. We are talking about people's feelings and it does not matter in the least what powers NRA has and whether it has to consult or not.

The thread has been diluted by lots of irrelevant messages. We are all greatly indebted to a man who claims to work 11hr days for NRA, yet has time to post a list of polite titles that a gentleman can be addressed with and that there is an "r" in Landmarc. We are also enriched with the knowledge that Landmarc does not run the ranges on Falklands. I would expect a child of 10 to know that "in every corner of the Empire" is an exagerated All and that it does not refer to any specific area of land. But our professional nitpicker had to ask! SteveE claims to know me "of old" when he means that he does not know me from Adam. Our paths cross about every 2 years on some overcrowded NRA car park and we nod to each other. He asks what I did for NRA. Actually, quite a lot, but why clutter this thread with that rubbish! Ask the NRA. How can I be personal with, say, Karen, when I have never met the woman?

If anyone still wishes to p*** about discussing my ability to spell; whether my writing is gramatically correct; whether English is my first, second or third language; and whether my Oxford educated English master was better qualified to teach English than Karen's mother, please free to start another thread. Leave this one for the poor people who will be adversely affected by the part-demise of Short Siberia and for whom the offered altenative is not the solution.

I am neither offended nor do I feel provoked, but in view what I just wrote I do not see how I could be out of order. You are wasting your time, but in doing so you are also wasting mine and I have better use for it. So, please sod off to another thread and do not enter the threads on Short Siberia.

With kindest regards and affection,

Alex
You're priceless...I'm just going to have to consider you as one of those not to be taken seriously on here :roll:
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#77 Post by Gaz »

alexham wrote:I have met Karen's type many times on various committees. They have the irresistible urge to play a key part in any discussion and if they cannot contribute anything relevant, they throw in something totally irrelevant!
Such as false and impertinent assertions about someone's rent, for example - just like you have done earlier on these forums!
She missed completely the fact that the chairman and trustees can call an EGM without anyoune's prior permission or agreement.
The chairman and trustees do not, and indeed should not, need permission to call an EGM. An Extraordinary General Meeting is an opportunity for members to have a direct say in the administration of the NRA or to force the removal of elected personnel. If you stopped your ranting for a moment you'd know this.
Karen is a pest and a cros we all have to bear
No. You, Alex Hamilton, are a cross us forum users have to bear, what with your incessant whinging and big-timing from behind your computer screen. You rant about issues you demonstrably do not understand from a position which seeks to denigrate the NRA no matter what it does. You dodge questions about what you've done for the NRA, which (to use your phrase) a child could understand to mean that you've done nothing of note.

x3
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#78 Post by hitchphil »

At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me! tongueout
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
alexham

#79 Post by alexham »

Gaz wrote:
alexham wrote:I have met Karen's type many times on various committees. They have the irresistible urge to play a key part in any discussion and if they cannot contribute anything relevant, they throw in something totally irrelevant!
Such as false and impertinent assertions about someone's rent, for example - just like you have done earlier on these forums!
She missed completely the fact that the chairman and trustees can call an EGM without anyoune's prior permission or agreement.
The chairman and trustees do not, and indeed should not, need permission to call an EGM. An Extraordinary General Meeting is an opportunity for members to have a direct say in the administration of the NRA or to force the removal of elected personnel. If you stopped your ranting for a moment you'd know this.
Karen is a pest and a cros we all have to bear
Gaz,
NRA failed to collect rents from all its tennants for NINE months, but the tennants should have paid their rents "whethere demanded or not" on time. Most did not, but opted to take advantage of this and live rent-free. Massive overdraft that this created and high interest on it is paid by members and that entitles me to ask any NRA tenant: Have you paid your rent?"

You are quoting back at me what I wrote and emphasizing that I should know it. I think you have reading difficulties and this thread has become too complicated for you!
You don't know anything!( if that is diffcult to comprehend, how about "You don't know nothink".

It is a free world so you can say what you like even if it is rubbish, but I am taking no crap from NRA employees. Nitpicking will lead to uneployment. I guarantee it.
alexham

#80 Post by alexham »

hitchphil wrote:At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me! tongueout
Fantastic, but what has this to do with the loss of Short Siberia?