Short Siberia - Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Short Siberia - Bisley

#91 Post by dromia »

OK this thread has come close to being locked a few times due to the personal nature of some of the responses but the taking has been as good as the giving so it has run.

There are some very valid points amongst all the grief in the thread that NRA members and prospective members should expect professional and meaningful answers to. Just because the messengers on either side might not be seen in the best light by the other does not mean that the messages have no validity.

Whether this is right place to ask and expect to get these answers is debatable, however as the NRA can't or won't respond to members concerns about a plethora of issues then the frustration of members is bound to spill out onto places like Full-Bore UK.

We all know that the NRA staffing has been cut to the bone because of continued mismanagement and incompetence over the years and capacity is currently in a parlous state. However this actually makes communication even more important and key to bringing the membership along with the organisation through these difficult times. I have been waiting for 20 years for the NRA to deliver and all I've ever had is excuses, so I do vehemently hope that this time things will be done properly, still early doors perhaps but it isn't looking too good from my experiences to date as a non Bisley shooting member.

For all those of you who will cry NRA basher all I will say is I have written this to try and give context as to how the NRA is seen by the majority of full bore shooters and as to why threads like these develop.

The NRA can easily stop threads like these through robust communication, meaningful answers and explanations of reason and policy will stop he discussion. I'm not expecting or suggesting Full-Bore UK to be the organ of that communication.

If the NRA would get its act together then in would certainly save us all a lot of grief on here.

Robustly discuss the issues all you want but all contributors to this thread must cease personal criticisms, accusations and the casting of aspersions at members here, that must stop or the the thread will be locked.

Take heed one and all.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/