Short Siberia - Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
John25

Re: Short Siberia - Bisley

#81 Post by John25 »

Alex wrote:-

Gaz,

NRA failed to collect rents from all its tennants for NINE months, but the tennants should have paid their rents "whethere demanded or not" on time. Most did not, but opted to take advantage of this and live rent-free. Massive overdraft that this created and high interest on it is paid by members and that entitles me to ask any NRA tenant: Have you paid your rent?"

John writes.

Again untruths and half truths as I, an ex-tennant can verify and prove.

Alex, as has been said, you are priceless - may you live forever.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#82 Post by M99 »

alexham wrote:
hitchphil wrote:At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me! tongueout
Fantastic, but what has this to do with the loss of Short Siberia?
More than your comments about rent!
alexham

#83 Post by alexham »

MiLisCer wrote:
alexham wrote:
hitchphil wrote:At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me! tongueout
You have posted what is basically good suggestion to page 7 (SEVEN! SEVEN!) of a thread that has nothing to do with it! Did you want it to be missed? Don't know what you mean by RENT? Totally irrelevant to your message.
Dougan

#84 Post by Dougan »

alexham wrote:NRA failed to collect rents from all its tennants for NINE months, but the tennants should have paid their rents "whethere demanded or not" on time. Most did not, but opted to take advantage of this and live rent-free. Massive overdraft that this created and high interest on it is paid by members and that entitles me to ask any NRA tenant: Have you paid your rent?"
You are quoting back at me what I wrote and emphasizing that I should know it. I think you have reading difficulties and this thread has become too complicated for you!
You don't know anything!( if that is diffcult to comprehend, how about "You don't know nothink".
Why didn't give the details in your first statement here initially, instead of making ambiguous suggestions that were borderline slanderous...or was that what you actually wanted to do?

Your second quote, is again very rude and condescending...you're obviously not bothered about being friends, but are you trying to influence people, or just p*** everyone off?
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#85 Post by hitchphil »

MiLisCer wrote:
alexham wrote:
hitchphil wrote:
At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me!

You have posted what is basically good suggestion to page 7 (SEVEN! SEVEN!) of a thread that has nothing to do with it! Did you want it to be missed? Don't know what you mean by RENT? Totally irrelevant to your message.

The thread started as a pros & cons discussion on alternative utilisation of Siberia, the NRA trying to create different revenue streams, the effect of that on members, then it all went bitchy & about rent got abusive? so my post is a protest at that & a diversion back to what was a interesting discussion on ideas to generate more revenue from the NRA asset......... If you want to grump you could also genertate a new moan about rent thread in the gumpy corrner? :wave:

& ok I will start a new thread this one has lost its plot eh?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
alexham

#86 Post by alexham »

hitchphil wrote:
MiLisCer wrote:
alexham wrote:
hitchphil wrote:
At the risk of hacking off those who wish to bitch at eachother .........I always thought the NRA could make some revenue having an outdoor 50m/100yd small bore range on site? poss shooting opposite direction into the backstop wall of Siberia? Many clubs only have 25yd indoor & the NSRA on site only have 50m. Would it cost that much to level an area build a FP & cover then lease it to the many shooters / clubs who also do smallbore? & that could also continue quietly shooting after the hooter.................?

Many young shooters start in Small-bore as its lighter, cheaper to fuel & easier to practice. We use 300 yd proportionate targets at 100yds & BSAs with same calibration as FB sights - its accelerated my daughters performance - 1st ever Queens 1 style of shoot 97.8, ..........happily this time she didnt beat me!

The thread started as a pros & cons discussion on alternative utilisation of Siberia, the NRA trying to create different revenue streams, the effect of that on members, then it all went bitchy & about rent got abusive? so my post is a protest at that & a diversion back to what was a interesting discussion on ideas to generate more revenue from the NRA asset......... If you want to grump you could also genertate a new moan about rent thread in the gumpy corrner? :wave:

& ok I will start a new thread this one has lost its plot eh?
No, you are wrong. This thread started with the loss of Short Siberia, without any consultation with the members and a question whether the Council has the mandate to give ranges to an external body, which is not affiliated and whose members are not members of NRA nor involved in a shooting sport! You have to read from the beginning, not just the last message. There are several people here who do not understand the problem, but they must participate, so they post rubbish. They have not lost the thread. They never understood it in the first place.

The justification for letting go of Short Siberia is that NRA is desperate for money, yet it fails to issue rent demands to its tennants and fails to collect rents! Is there much point giving it more money when it clearly cannot manage what it has. That is relevant to the thread, even though you could not see it!

And the best that you can do is say that all that belongs in some kind of "grumpy corner"!
karen

#87 Post by karen »

alexham wrote: NRA failed to collect rents from all its tennants for NINE months, but the tennants should have paid their rents "whethere demanded or not" on time. Most did not, but opted to take advantage of this and live rent-free. Massive overdraft that this created and high interest on it is paid by members and that entitles me to ask any NRA tenant: Have you paid your rent?"
You have no idea what you are on about; you make things up to suit your view of the world; you insult, malign and defame intelligent members of this forum and members of NRA staff (and have reduced a female member of staff to tears in the past) and in an ideal world I really would not be bothered to argue with you.

However when you post inaccurate statements that will lead people to see the NRA or other members in a negative way I will stand up for them as will other people on this forum.

I would just like to inform you politely that your comment about outstanding rents does not actually apply to me (for complicated legal reasons which I would be happy to share with anyone who asks nicely but in view of your previous postings I am certainly not going to share them with you).

To reiterate what John25 said - untruths and half-truths - as usual.

Please try and find out actual facts before posting not something you overheard on the range or in the bar!

Karen
John25

#88 Post by John25 »

And please, please stop being just negative.

Earlier in this post Alex, I asked you what you had done which was a postitive contribution to an association of which you are a member and share it's privileges along with those of us who are actually proud to be members.

Your failure to respond to this question can leave me with only one conclusion and I would be delighted to have this negative conclusion corrected.

I ask the question again so that other members of this forum can glean a fuller perspective of your motives.

What have you done in the past and what do you propose to do in the future to contribute to the improvement and continued success of the Natioal Rifle Association?
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
alexham

#89 Post by alexham »

karen wrote:
alexham wrote: NRA failed to collect rents from all its tennants for NINE months, but the tennants should have paid their rents "whethere demanded or not" on time. Most did not, but opted to take advantage of this and live rent-free. Massive overdraft that this created and high interest on it is paid by members and that entitles me to ask any NRA tenant: Have you paid your rent?"
You have no idea what you are on about; you make things up to suit your view of the world; you insult, malign and defame intelligent members of this forum and members of NRA staff (and have reduced a female member of staff to tears in the past) and in an ideal world I really would not be bothered to argue with you.

However when you post inaccurate statements that will lead people to see the NRA or other members in a negative way I will stand up for them as will other people on this forum.

I would just like to inform you politely that your comment about outstanding rents does not actually apply to me (for complicated legal reasons which I would be happy to share with anyone who asks nicely but in view of your previous postings I am certainly not going to share them with you).

To reiterate what John25 said - untruths and half-truths - as usual.

Please try and find out actual facts before posting not something you overheard on the range or in the bar!

Karen
Karen, have you paid your rent? Yes or No! If yes, please post a scan of the rent demand here and proof of payment so that I can tick you off my list. You don't know what I am on about? Read the quote from my earlier message that you posted above.

John25 is flippant and should be ignored. Is he the gentleman who fired a shot at a passer by from his caravan?

I reduced a female member of staff to tears!? What is her name? What was the reason that she gave? Where did you hear about it? In the ladies loo? Can you prove any of this rubbish or are you just dreaming?

What has any of that to do with the loss of Short Siberia?

Short Siberia is closed to members in the week - a fact.
Short Siberia is given to Nuclear Police for exclusive use in the week - a fact.
Nuclear police are paying £500,000 for use of Short Siberia - a fact.
A new 100yds/m facility is being constructed on the right hand side of Century - a fact.

I have posted enough facts here to sink a battleship[*]and I was the first to let the forum know what was happening and all has been been confirmed.

NRA did not see fit to inform, never mind consult, anyone about this major loss of facility until a notice appeared on the website some 5 weeks after I first posted the facts and that notice was variously described by members as disingenuous, confusing and more lies. It reads as if it were drafted for the benefit of muppets! NRA is doing itself a big favour in the way it conducts matters, especially the relationship with the membership, which has not been good for decades. This has no connection or relevance whatsoever with what I did or not do in 1980s. It is not about me but about Short Siberia! Understand?

Does NRA have the mandate to give one class of shooters preference over others? NO. Was it correct to do the deal with the nuclear police without researching how many members would be greatly inconvenienced, why they were and what kind of shooting they did? No! Some of the decision makers are not sure where or what Short Siberia is!

I started this thread because I particularly wanted to hear from members that shoot regularly on Short Siberia in the week with the view of taking the matter further with the decision makers. Former staff are in neither category and neither are members who shoot only at weekends.

[*]I know that battleship are not sunk by facts, but anything can be sunk by incompetence!
alexham

#90 Post by alexham »

John25 wrote:And please, please stop being just negative.

Earlier in this post Alex, I asked you what you had done which was a postitive contribution to an association of which you are a member and share it's privileges along with those of us who are actually proud to be members.

Your failure to respond to this question can leave me with only one conclusion and I would be delighted to have this negative conclusion corrected.

I ask the question again so that other members of this forum can glean a fuller perspective of your motives.

What have you done in the past and what do you propose to do in the future to contribute to the improvement and continued success of the Natioal Rifle Association?
John25, I know that you probably mean well, but you are flippant and you don't have anything to contribute to this thread, so you start with rubbish and pad it out to make it longer!

I am not really concerned what you, Karen, Iain and Gaz (are these three related?) think about me personally, because none of you are affected by the changes on Short Siberia. I am not aware that I have any privileges in terms of money. Members are not required to be proud nor to contribute anything beyound the membership subscription.

The rest is all on a need to know basis. I do not wish to be rude, but you do not need to know and you do not have the mandate to speak on anyone's behalf.

I wish you everything you wish for yourself.