Short Siberia - Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
karen

Re: Short Siberia - Bisley

#51 Post by karen »

Damn I was going to start hiring it out to pay the rent :55:
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#52 Post by Strangely Brown »

karen wrote:Damn I was going to start hiring it out to pay the rent :55:
:o
Mick
John25

#53 Post by John25 »

PM Sent.

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Individual
Past Supporter

#54 Post by Individual »

Strangely Brown wrote:
:o :o

So Mr S. Brown Esquire - did you know there is a fund that might help a young shooter enter the CSR Imperial?
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#55 Post by Strangely Brown »

Individual wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:
:o :o

So Mr S. Brown Esquire - did you know there is a fund that might help a young shooter enter the CSR Imperial?
I did not......

Too busy wondering how I was going to hire Karen's picture! :oops:
Mick
Individual
Past Supporter

#56 Post by Individual »

Mr Brown wrote: I did not......

Too busy wondering how I was going to hire Karen's picture! :oops:
May be there's a fund for that too - if you can show you are needy and would benefit
karen

#57 Post by karen »

Hey I'll accept donations to the Young Shooters Fund for a swimsuit pic posted here

Offers . . . any????

You can use it to scare young shooters as to what will happen if they spend their youth unwisely sign01

Love

Karen
targetman

#58 Post by targetman »

Sorry to prolong what has become a somewhat contentious topic.......but can somebody in the NRA advise us, the Members, just what is the time scale on the withdrawal of the mid-week facility of Siberia to the members....and the re-instatement of similar facilities on Century......it would be very helpful to actually know so that we can do some planning....

Thank you
John25

#59 Post by John25 »

targetman wrote:Sorry to prolong what has become a somewhat contentious topic.......but can somebody in the NRA advise us, the Members, just what is the time scale on the withdrawal of the mid-week facility of Siberia to the members....and the re-instatement of similar facilities on Century......it would be very helpful to actually know so that we can do some planning....

Thank you

As suggested earlier. - send an email to:

nick.karavias@nra.org.uk

He has told me that he will happily answer any questions regarding the estate.

Don't forget to quote your membership number.

:cheers:

Edit: I have done it. I'm going to Bisley tomorrow, I will pop in and see him.

Any more questions PM me or post.

Edit (2)

Answer from Nick;

Morning John

I dont have any details yet mate as I am still creating samples for
comment but it is being pushed through as fast as I can, I will speak to
Andrew to see if anything can be put out.

Regards
Nick

tesnews
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
alexham

#60 Post by alexham »

ovenpaa wrote:Alexham, yes I have shot on Short Siberia many times and do recognise the importance of a short distance range for the NRA members. However I also recognise the importance of any range for us as NRA members and if it means we have to move to a different location in order for the NRA to make more money then I am all for it. I do agree the change of use for Short Siberia has been poorly publicised so far however if it is indeed to go ahead let's support the move as something positive and look to the future.

For the record I am both an NRA trade and individual member and will do my utmost to continue to support the organisation through bad times as well as good and if this means the short term loss of a range and some disruption and even the NRA becoming even more biased towards the South of England short term then so be it. I see no real alternative right now.
Ovenpaa,
I think you are missing the point that those who "cleared the mess" are the same people that "made the mess" in the first place. No marks or credit for this, I am afraid. Money coming in must be a good thing is a little glib. NRA is there to maintain the ranges and promote the shooting sport for the benefit of its members and affiliated clubs. Nuclear police are not members and what they do is not a shooting sport! And, even if they all became members, the NRA has no mandate to give a small group of members preference over others. The correct approach would have been to call an EGM: consult the members and explain what exactly the proposal was and then proceed after, hopefully, the members agreed to it.
Have you noticed that earlier in this thread, when Targetman asked for information a senior NRA manager (Firearms Officer, no less) referred him to my letter to Pizer! That is the best information that is available. MY BLOODY LETTER!

We are facing a tripple dip recession! We shall be lucky to have any members in Scotland and Wales. We shall probably be reduced to a shooting club with a pull of 50 miles and no more. At the time when we should be sticking together and promoting support and co-operation the thustees had a gall to decide what is best for us, nothwithstanding that they have a record of wrecking everything they touch stretching back 40 years.

What is done is done, but we must ensure that it never happens again.