New Century Target Numbers

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
alexham

Re: New Century Target Numbers

#11 Post by alexham »

hitchphil wrote:I found the new target numbers very hard to read in low or flat light thru the foresight & was having to check i was on the right target multiple times even the board colour wasnt as clear - are we going to see lots more xshots at this years Imperial?
I have not seen the new numbers, but if you cannot see them may I suggest that you use the <feedback> facility on NRA website to let the NRA know. You cannot be the only one affected and, I suppose, this is what happens when those replacing the numbers are just following orders without knowing what the numbers are for. Just telling the range office does not work, because the various NRA departments continue to work in isolation, without co-ordiation, motivation and leadership.

Alex
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#12 Post by Gaz »

Ignoring the militant wing of the Provisional NRA above...

I shot on Century last weekend and the new target numbers are very difficult to see. As a short-sighted shooter, more important, the size and colour of the backing board is also very difficult to make out from above 300yds. Previously the old target number boards were big enough that you could look for the appropriate coloured blob or count along from a known mark; with the new ones I find it a lot more difficult to make out sufficient colour to do that.

Perhaps, in the short term, a shroud could be added to the new boards until they're due for replacement?
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
John25

#13 Post by John25 »

Here 'we' go again :roll: moaning and doing nothing constructive

HAS ANYONE TOLD THE NRA? (capitals intended, it implies shouting I understand)

emrolleyes emrolleyes emrolleyes emrolleyes
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
karen

#14 Post by karen »

alexham wrote:Just telling the range office does not work, because the various NRA departments continue to work in isolation, without co-ordiation, motivation and leadership.
And how exactly do you know that the various NRA departments continue to work in isolation, without co-ordination, motivation and leadership?

Would be fascinated to find out how you know these amazing "facts"!

Karen
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#15 Post by hitchphil »

Here 'we' go again moaning and doing nothing constructive

HAS ANYONE TOLD THE NRA? (capitals intended, it implies shouting I understand)

Done but not by SHOUTING at them & no rpely to date. If more do the same the messae may have more chance of sucess. If the numbers cannot be prope;ry read they are not right so need to be changed. If they give me a pot of pain ti will do one & suspect we can raise 108 members to do them all?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
John25

#16 Post by John25 »

The NRA has undergone some re-organisation since I left. Head of Shooting Division is leaving and I have no idea who is taking on his responsibilities.

My succesor is Nick Karavias, the Estate Manager, he would be reponsible for implementing any physical changes. He is also a shooter. I suggest contacting him and explaining the difficulties you have encountered.

I was shouting at ' the Forum' for once again moaning about things without seming to 'do' anything!

If I did you an injustice, I apologise.

I have emailed an ex-colleague and I will post the reply

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

John

John25

#17 Post by John25 »

Reply received from my mate. Email Nick.Karavias(at)nra.org.uk, explain what is wrong and why, ask him to have a look.

:cheers:

Edit:- I have emailed Nick and told him to expect your emails, I haven't experienced them so over to you.
Gun rhymes with fun.

John

John25

#18 Post by John25 »

Reply received from Nick

Kwowt

I know about the numbers issue and it is going to be sorted soon, they are on-going works,

Unkwowt.

tesnews
Gun rhymes with fun.

John

alexham

#19 Post by alexham »

karen wrote:
alexham wrote:Just telling the range office does not work, because the various NRA departments continue to work in isolation, without co-ordiation, motivation and leadership.
And how exactly do you know that the various NRA departments continue to work in isolation, without co-ordination, motivation and leadership?

Karen
Have you paid your rent? Is your rent up to date?
John25

#20 Post by John25 »

alexham wrote:
karen wrote:

Karen
Have you paid your rent? Is your rent up to date?

Alex,

What has Karen's rent got to do with anything?

That is an NRA issue we as responsible people should not introduce or discuss here, but wait - it's you ah - should have known better.

Are you then a member of General Council who might have privileged information which you have signed an agreement not to disclose?

You aught to know better mate.
Gun rhymes with fun.

John