New Century Target Numbers

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
alexham

Re: New Century Target Numbers

#21 Post by alexham »

John25 wrote:Reply received from Nick

Kwowt

I know about the numbers issue and it is going to be sorted soon, they are on-going works,

Unkwowt.

tesnews
It seems to me that the first attempt at numbering was not satisfactory, so a second attempt will be made to correct the problem! Is it so difficult to understand that the numbers must be seen clearly from the longest range, i.e 600yds on Century and 1200 on Stickledown even though the light fog and rain! Can an all out effort be made to preserve the funds that we lack and get these jobs done right the first time?
John25

#22 Post by John25 »

Alex,

Tell them not us; we have done this to death now - moan about something else FGS

If I can get an answer in two emails and two hours why didn't you I wonder??

Somebody lock this now very dead - thread Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
karen

#23 Post by karen »

alexham wrote:
Have you paid your rent? Is your rent up to date?

What are you on about??? wtfwtf

And what has that got to do with number boards?

And what has my rent got to do with you?

Karen
alexham

#24 Post by alexham »

John25 wrote:Alex,

Tell them not us; we have done this to death now - moan about something else FGS

It would not be right for me to tell "them" (who are they?) when I have not personally seen the target numbers nor found them difficult to see. Their answer (excuse) would be to ask me why I am complaining when they heard nothing from anyone else!!!! We are not going to see much done until we start acting together as a group. There is no point telling the person who caused the problem. Tell the person above him!!!

The purpose of the forum, amongst other things, to discuss the problems and to double check that others too have the same complaint. If you find that too boring do not respond and let the others decide when the thread is dead. Freedom of speech and all that rubbish, or have you not heard of it!
karen

#25 Post by karen »

alexham wrote:The purpose of the forum, amongst other things, to discuss the problems and to double check that others too have the same complaint. If you find that too boring do not respond and let the others decide when the thread is dead. Freedom of speech and all that rubbish, or have you not heard of it!
Quite right too Alex! This thread should definitely not be locked until you have let us all know what you meant by your previous comments as I am completely flummoxed by them!

Karen
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#26 Post by Gaz »

According to my Bumper Book of Journalists' Law, which I happen to have open next to me as I figure out what the bloody hell Labour and the Lib Dems have done to press freedom, this is the law on breach of confidence:
  • the information must have 'the necessary quality of confidence';
  • the information must have been imparted incircumstances imposing an obligation of confidence; and
  • there must be an unauthorised use of that information to the detriment of the party communicating it.
(Coco v AN Clark (Engineers) Ltd [1969] RPC 41 at 47
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
John25

#27 Post by John25 »

alexham wrote:
John25 wrote:Alex,

It would not be right for me to tell "them" (who are they?) when I have not personally seen the target numbers nor found them difficult to see. Their answer (excuse) would be to ask me why I am complaining when they heard nothing from anyone else!!!! We are not going to see much done until we start acting together as a group. There is no point telling the person who caused the problem. Tell the person above him!!!

The purpose of the forum, amongst other things, to discuss the problems and to double check that others too have the same complaint. If you find that too boring do not respond and let the others decide when the thread is dead. Freedom of speech and all that rubbish, or have you not heard of it!

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier!

I also reserve the right to think 'what a load of :squirrel: '

You carry on Alex, I've done and said all I intend to on this topic.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
alexham

#28 Post by alexham »

karen wrote:
alexham wrote:
Have you paid your rent? Is your rent up to date?

What are you on about??? wtfwtf

And what has that got to do with number boards?

And what has my rent got to do with you?

Karen
Evidently, you think that everything in NRA is running perfectly coordinated, superbly led and motivated and you question my statement that the opposite is true. So, I ask again. When have you paid your rent and is it now up to date!

It has a lot to do with all of us, not just me, because if you do not pay your rent on time NRA will incurr another loss and we will all be paying for it in higher range fees and target charges. I cannot speak for the others, but I am fed up subsidizing incopetence and inefficiency. And it is not just us that shoot at Bisley. Landmac uses NRA charges as the benchmark for "market rate", so evey time the NRA drops us in it and whacks up its prices to recover the loss, every shooter in every far flung corner of the Empire has to pay more and I can prove that.

You are under obligation to pay rent on the due dates whether demaded or not! You take us on from here.............
karen

#29 Post by karen »

alexham wrote:So, I ask again. When have you paid your rent and is it now up to date!

It has a lot to do with all of us, not just me, because if you do not pay your rent on time NRA will incurr another loss and we will all be paying for it in higher range fees and target charges. I cannot speak for the others, but I am fed up subsidizing incopetence and inefficiency. And it is not just us that shoot at Bisley. Landmac uses NRA charges as the benchmark for "market rate", so evey time the NRA drops us in it and whacks up its prices to recover the loss, every shooter in every far flung corner of the Empire has to pay more and I can prove that.

You are under obligation to pay rent on the due dates whether demaded or not! You take us on from here.............
What the hell has my rent got to do with you?

Are you saying I have not paid it?

Please be more specific so I reply accordingly

Karen
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#30 Post by IainWR »

alexham wrote:Landmac uses NRA charges as the benchmark for "market rate", so evey time the NRA drops us in it and whacks up its prices to recover the loss, every shooter in every far flung corner of the Empire has to pay more and I can prove that.
Thanks Alex, please let us have the proof so we can use it in negotiation.

BTW there's an r in Landmarc.

And AFAIK they don't run ranges on behalf of the FI Government (furthest flung permanently inhabited corner of the Empire, unless someone knows different?)

Iain