NRA Range cancellation fees

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

NRA Range cancellation fees

#1 Post by hitchphil »

I see the NRA is now enforcing the 2 week scaled cancelation fees policy.

In the last year having been rained off twice & paying up in full, snowed out once & not having to pay, the club has decided in low season or for an add hoc training shoot to just wait till a day or so before the proposed date then book knowing exactly how many we have coming & what weather to expect?

That will save us money if the rather unpredictable weather is too bad & so far we have never been turned away, (if so we hit the zero range & do safety drills & a bar :cheers: ) sometimes had to compromise on distance but it was not a problem. We generally bring our own markers to these shoots.

Is this policy not counter productive to range utilisation? Being bums on FP's paying to put rounds down? (especially in low season) vs. 'accounting' efficiency?

We pay a flat rate range fee to the club & if a member no shows its still payable (unless their funeral or emergency operation makes cash recovery unfeasible :o ) & if the range fee on the day is covered in full their missed fee is carried over to the next shoot. Because we want people to come back!

Cant the NRA consider something similar? after all a no show club (x-marker) does not consume any resources & does not make any holes in paper.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
John25

Re: NRA Range cancellation fees

#2 Post by John25 »

Suggestion:-

Find yourself a marker, get his or her phone number and book privately.

Low season one or two days notice will be enough time to book a target.

Unless things have changed the target shed guys will always have spare short range targets in the butts.

Long range needs (or did) more notice because of the difficulty of getting into the butts.

When I was in the Range Office it was possible, mid week, to turn up and get a target. I can't see why that would have changed.

Good luck
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk