Can one of the NRA employees give an answer?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Cj10

Can one of the NRA employees give an answer?

#1 Post by Cj10 »

To the question posed in an earlier thread, namely http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=10

In summary, what input has the NRA had into Lamdmarc/ MOD setting minimum age limits for the use of Gallery ranges by civilians? Based on the above thread, there is no national consistency and either Landmarc or local Military Training OCs are imposing their own local age limits. This is restricting the growth of our sport, and needs to be addressed.

Ceri
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

Re: Can one of the NRA employees give an answer?

#2 Post by HeatherW762 »

Personally I hadn't heard anything about it, maybe Iain has. However, we need the clubs to contact us when this happens then we can see what we can do.

Iain Robertson (iain.robertson@nra.org.uk) is the person who deals with regional stuff now and, so, who clubs should contact first.

Regards

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Clubs are reluctant to in ok e the NRA in case the local Landmarc/commandant take the huff and start making bookings awkward. A blanket communication from the NRA would be a better approach IMHO.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
HeatherW762

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

Appreciate that but how can we approach Landmarc if we don't know there's a problem.

We have had problems in the past that are just on one range, in a region and countrywide. We need that info before we contact them - hence why clubs should let us know.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#5 Post by johngarnett »

Heather,

Cornwall Rifle Club (and others) have been 'hit' by revised charging from Landmarc. Our secretary has written to the NRA since November 2012 but has yet to receive a reply or acknowledgement.

Is there anything you can do please?

Thank you

JohnG :cornwall:
HeatherW762

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

Can you ask him to email me on heather.webb@nra.org.uk & I will make sure it gets to the right person.

Heather
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#7 Post by johngarnett »

HeatherW762 wrote:Can you ask him to email me on heather.webb@nra.org.uk & I will make sure it gets to the right person.

Heather
Thank you Heather. I will email our secretary today.

JohnG :cornwall:
Cj10

#8 Post by Cj10 »

HeatherW762 wrote:Personally I hadn't heard anything about it, maybe Iain has. However, we need the clubs to contact us when this happens then we can see what we can do.

Iain Robertson (iain.robertson@nra.org.uk) is the person who deals with regional stuff now and, so, who clubs should contact first.

Regards

Heather

Heather,

I hope I don't appear impatient, but I wanted to check if Iain received the email I sent him, setting out this particular issue?

The email was sent 10 days ago, but I do not appear to have received an acknowledgement. I, of course, appreciate it will take longer than that to investigate, but I just wanted to make sure the NRA is looking into it.

Regards

Ceri
HeatherW762

#9 Post by HeatherW762 »

Iains not around for me to ask but I do know he's a bit behind on his emails. I'm sure he will get back to you as soon as he can.

Heather
JSHarris
Home club or Range: Old Windsor

#10 Post by JSHarris »

For what its worth Iain has been snowed under sorting out the revisions to the rules and some other stuff for the last few weeks. I myself have made him late for dinner twice by taking up his time with some paperwork that needed dicussing ..