Can one of the NRA employees give an answer?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
John MH

Re: Can one of the NRA employees give an answer?

#11 Post by John MH »

How did the Steels discussion go?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by IainWR »

I think I understand the steels question. Answer will have to wait until the minutes of shooting committee (4 hr meeting yesterday) are done, the last version of the Bible is readied to go to the Trustees, the NRA FAC / RFD / Sect 5 Authorities x4 / explosives licenses x 2 / non-attendance return / 2 FAC apps and over 100 Visitor's Permit apps have gone to the police, the member who is about to have his guns confiscated on Monday has been assisted best we can and my dishwasher has been either fixed or scrapped.

I have seen a landmarc licence, and I have now seen the charges letter. I am coming to this absolutely cold, and do not know whether anything can be done. Another licence or two would be usefol to compare and see if local offices are making stuff up.

Iain
Cj10

#13 Post by Cj10 »

IainWR wrote:I think I understand the steels question. Answer will have to wait until the minutes of shooting committee (4 hr meeting yesterday) are done, the last version of the Bible is readied to go to the Trustees, the NRA FAC / RFD / Sect 5 Authorities x4 / explosives licenses x 2 / non-attendance return / 2 FAC apps and over 100 Visitor's Permit apps have gone to the police, the member who is about to have his guns confiscated on Monday has been assisted best we can and my dishwasher has been either fixed or scrapped.

I have seen a landmarc licence, and I have now seen the charges letter. I am coming to this absolutely cold, and do not know whether anything can be done. Another licence or two would be usefol to compare and see if local offices are making stuff up.

Iain

Iain,

Many thanks for looking at the licence issue. I do appreciate how busy you are, although I didn't realise just how busy until I read your post.

Based on what people stated the age limits imposed by Lamdmarc were in the original thread, there appears to be no national consistency what so ever. Surely, as with the safe shooting system, ie HME Zero, there should be more than a degree of standardisation over age limits across the regions. Does the NRA not have some form of national negotiating forum with the MOD/ Landmarc through which to pursue such inconsistencies?

Ceri
Cj10

#14 Post by Cj10 »

Cj10 wrote:
Iain,

Many thanks for looking at the licence issue. I do appreciate how busy you are, although I didn't realise just how busy until I read your post.

Based on what people stated the age limits imposed by Lamdmarc were in the original thread, there appears to be no national consistency what so ever. Surely, as with the safe shooting system, ie HME Zero, there should be more than a degree of standardisation over age limits across the regions. Does the NRA not have some form of national negotiating forum with the MOD/ Landmarc through which to pursue such inconsistencies?

Ceri
Iain,

Just wondered if there is any update on this?

Landmarc has informed me the Army Warrant Officer responsible for the MOD gallery ranges we use may be prepared to recommend a lower age limit of 16, rather than 18, but nothing below that. No reasons or rationale given. Landmarc did intimate it is aware of age limit "inconsistencies" across the regions, but would not discuss further.

I really believe some form of pressure from the NRA may bring dividend here.

Many thanks

Ceri
Cj10

#15 Post by Cj10 »

Must really thank the NRA for all the tremendous support it gave the club over this issue. (Hope my sarcasm shows through)

Well worth the £2500 plus our club membership costs us. Had a number of committee members, including myself, really wishing it wasn't a condition of our range licence that we had to, as a club, be affiliated to the NRA.

Well, at least a number of people won't be renewing their individual NRA membership in future.

Ceri
karen

#16 Post by karen »

Unfortunately it appears that Iain can't give you an update at the moment as certain stuff is ongoing and confidential (and so I don't even know what it is).

He has also been working 11 hour days with no lunch and has had flu for about three weeks so if he is behind he apologises.

I am sure he will get back to you when he has an answer

Love

karen (who is fed up that her husband is working such long hours and getting criticism for not being able to answer everything)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#17 Post by dromia »

Karen its not Iains fault that things aren't being done. Its the organisations fault for getting itself into such a mess that it cannot afford enough staff to do the necessary work, and to me it seems poor management that someone is having to work the way Iain is. As employers, the NRA has a duty of care to its staff and by the sounds of it it is not fulfilling that duty in regards to your husband.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/