Proposed Airgun legislation in Scotland

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Proposed Airgun legislation in Scotland

#11 Post by Christel »

karen wrote:And my point is that he does not know what is going on behind the scenes and is just NRA-bashing as usual.

Quite frankly I am well fed up of Dromia's constant NRA sniping - have a go at the NSRA or BASC if you think nothings being done or if you are sure of your facts but comments like that are out of order.

Karen
They do say that perception is reality. Maybe the questions he is asking is hitting hard somewhere? If they are then I deem that a good thing because in my opinion the NRA needs to shape up. The NRA needs to get out there and fight the corner for it's members and the rest of the shooting community. As I previously said we need to stand united.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#12 Post by M99 »

Well as a member of both BASC and the NRA, I will say this, I have had several E-mails from BASC about the situation in Scotland, full of details and useful information, including links - I do not live in Scotland - but still have the info.

I have not had a thing from the NRA, it is all about perception and being seen to be doing something.

Mike
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

My response was in response to yours.

Fly of the handle all you want Karen but my question still stands and the NRA hasn't replied so if the cap fits wear it.

If things are going on behind the scenes then great but why is the NRA so quiet about it? Give us members something positive to shout about and support instead of council members slagging of ordinary members for having a view on their organisation.

Some positive replies to my my questions is all I ask, all you can see is anyone that criticises the organisation is an NRA basher, for goodness sake grow up and lets have a mature informed discussion and stop being so defensive. I would expect better from a council member or whatever lay role you hold.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#14 Post by Mike357 »

I work in an organisation that doesn't communicate and I cannot tell you how demoralising it is when you don't know what's going on, even if it going on behind the scenes!

It costs nothing but its value is often underestimated!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Bullseye

#15 Post by Bullseye »

petitioned signed, No to airgun license in Scotland on Facebook has good info and follows including me!