Cz 455

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Matty123

Cz 455

#1 Post by Matty123 »

hi i am looking at the cz 455 for my first rifle just wondering if anyone have links to upgrade options for the cz455
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Cz 455

#2 Post by Les »

The only "upgrade" is a different trigger spring from YoDave or Rimfiremagic etc. Other than that, there's nothing you can do. They are good rifles out of the box, and they are what they are - accurate hunting/sporter rifles.

You could probably spend a lot of money on a replacement barrel, but why would you want to?
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#3 Post by channel12 »

Good little rifle out the box but mine is the earlier CZ-452 and has the aftermarket trigger spring kit as it's used for club competitions.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

They are good rifles, but frankly, “Meh!”.... everyone seems to have one. There are so many really good rimfire rifles out there.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Chapuis

#5 Post by Chapuis »

Brilliant small bore rifle for sporting use and informal range use, but not exactly a target rifle. Rugged and very accurate but an inexpensive trigger spring job is almost obligatory. Consider what your actual requirements are first as there are .22 rifles better suited to target shooting than the CZ 452/455. Saying that I have had mine nearly twenty years and it would be the very last rifle I would ever consider getting rid of unless it were to buy another similar rifle.