Another .22 AR15 Question.

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Another .22 AR15 Question.

#31 Post by Blackstuff »

bradaz11 wrote:I have a 15/22, I love it, such a nice little gun. I don't get the hate for the polymer, you want your rifle to be as light as possible, but then go with a heavier body for no reason other than 'feel', yet you never touch it while actually using the gun. you hold the polymer pistol grip!
as for justifying the kriss because it already has an ali handguard, is it a handguard you like? is it comfy? if you decide to shorten your barrel to make it even more handy, then you'd probably want another handguard anyway, and unless you costa clamp, do you need the big long handguards on the kriss, or are they just more un-needed weight?
you can have a 15/22 with handguard, stupid big optics etc, and still be lighter than the kriss bare.

the only drawback I can think of with the 15/22 is you are a bit limited with stocks.
:good:

Half of the 'new' innovations of the full-bore AR's has been trying to make a polymer lower a reality! lol

FYI you will end up switching out the trigger on all of the guns mentioned with the possible exception of the Lantac if you request a specific one for your build. Wouldn't hold out much hope for getting one before Christmas though!
DVC
Steve Cole
Home club or Range: Blakenhall Gun Club, Barby Sporting

#32 Post by Steve Cole »

Blackstuff wrote:
bradaz11 wrote: FYI you will end up switching out the trigger on all of the guns mentioned with the possible exception of the Lantac if you request a specific one for your build. Wouldn't hold out much hope for getting one before Christmas though!
I tried to contact Lantac today, couldn't get through, left a message and still waiting for a reply :cry: Is this a sign of things to expect? I really wanted one within a month or 2.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#33 Post by dromia »

Steve Cole wrote: I tried to contact Lantac today, couldn't get through, left a message and still waiting for a reply :cry: Is this a sign of things to expect? I really wanted one within a month or 2.

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#34 Post by bradaz11 »

Steve Cole wrote: I tried to contact Lantac today, couldn't get through, left a message and still waiting for a reply :cry: Is this a sign of things to expect? I really wanted one within a month or 2.
plan for a year, then you'll be surprised in 6-8 months
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Steve Cole

#35 Post by Steve Cole »

bradaz11 wrote:I have a 15/22, I love it, such a nice little gun. I don't get the hate for the polymer, you want your rifle to be as light as possible, but then go with a heavier body for no reason other than 'feel', yet you never touch it while actually using the gun. you hold the polymer pistol grip!
as for justifying the kriss because it already has an ali handguard, is it a handguard you like? is it comfy? if you decide to shorten your barrel to make it even more handy, then you'd probably want another handguard anyway, and unless you costa clamp, do you need the big long handguards on the kriss, or are they just more un-needed weight?
you can have a 15/22 with handguard, stupid big optics etc, and still be lighter than the kriss bare.

the only drawbak I can think of with the 15/22 is you are a bit limited with stocks.

So my issue isn't polymer as a material, Glock use it and you never hear any complaints. I just feel the polymer is a cheaper alternative in this situation. The buffer tube is 1 piece polymer, the upper & the lower are polymer, the hand guard is polymer etc, to me it just resembles airsoft. No disrespect to airsoft and I don't have anything against the M&P! The mags and the action sound like they are the bench mark. For me I just fancy all alloy clapclap
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#36 Post by GeeRam »

Steve Cole wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
bradaz11 wrote: FYI you will end up switching out the trigger on all of the guns mentioned with the possible exception of the Lantac if you request a specific one for your build. Wouldn't hold out much hope for getting one before Christmas though!
I tried to contact Lantac today, couldn't get through, left a message and still waiting for a reply :cry: Is this a sign of things to expect? I really wanted one within a month or 2.
A month or two............ lol

As others have said, in normal circumstances it will be 6-8 months, and it could well be much longer with the current situation.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#37 Post by bradaz11 »

I can't remember the last polymer airsoft m4 I touched.
It is cheaper, you are right, that is why they are actually cheaper to buy than the Kriss. all I'm saying is, don't get hung up on the reciever being polymer as you never touch it. same as the buffer, as long as you are happy with a standard type sliding stock, the buffer tube doesn't make any difference either.
the handguard as polymer I get, and I have a nice one on mine. but as I say, If I had a kriss, I would have the barrel chopped to 12" and so would need a different handguard on it anyway, so the price would still factor in a handguard.
the other thing is, how many 2nd hand 15/22's do you see for sale? barely any that i've seen, but I've seen a load of kriss's. to me, that says something
Steve Cole

#38 Post by Steve Cole »

Hmmmm, I do like a healthy debate. You have given me a lot more thought and I think the M&P 15-22 could be back on the cards bradaz11.

1) I don't think I can wait that long
2) You do make very valid and logical points. Especially financially and from a usability point.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#39 Post by bradaz11 »

ultimately, it's your cash. and you need be happy with what you buy.

one bit of advice is here, save money on buying your .22, then you have more to spend on the next gun!!
BamBam

#40 Post by BamBam »

GeeRam wrote: A month or two............ lol

As others have said, in normal circumstances it will be 6-8 months, and it could well be much longer with the current situation.
The barrels are at the gunsmith and all the other parts are already in the UK.
It's a long wait for Ravens, currently, but LA-SF15s are already here and AR15 is building them himself.