CZ vz61 Skorpion

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

CZ vz61 Skorpion

#1 Post by WelshShooter »

I just watched a couple of videos showing off the vz61 Skorpion. It is classed as a rifle, not LBP, it is in 22lr and semi auto. Personally, I would like the wire frame and a wood grip! Goldeneye fans will know that it's Klobbering time!

Apparently he (guy in the videos) had them from Cotswold Classic Arms but I can't find anything about these rifles on their website, just a few pictures on their Facebook page. The price is around £750 according to the video and someone in the comments who owns one. I'm guessing it comes with just one mag and user manual?

What do you guys think? I've spent the past few months thinking over buying something slightly different and was leaning towards a 357 Chiappa Rhino but this rifle caught my eye. Might have to just get both lol

https://youtu.be/-SfOuMfaCPM

https://youtu.be/5wAR3flWeHQ

https://m.facebook.com/cotswoldclassica ... _tn__=EH-R
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: CZ vz61 Skorpion

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

They were originally brought over here (and still are AFAIK) by Caledonian Classic Arms. Best of luck trying to get in touch with them wallhead troutslapping :bad:

As a plinker they're great fun and something different to an AR or MP5 clone. No use for competition but for putting a smile on your face they're top!
DVC
Swifty Boy

#3 Post by Swifty Boy »

I had one - as Blackstuff says it’s a fun little plinker and well built compared to a lot of the plastic .22s out there. The short stock doesn’t help with quick sight acquisition for practical shooting and I found that empty cases could sometimes find their way into the action and jam either the bolt or the trigger. It was nice to own one but I think I would go for another Sig 522 or AR clone if I bought another .22 rifle.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Nice although I always fancied the .22LR Uzi with some original furniture and fittings. Unfortunately they went up in price and the original spares seem to have disappeared off the market now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

I have one of these and they are surprisingly good fun, I only bought it because my son said it's be fun and would add to the collection. The wire stock is not the best support (but you'd have guessed that) but it can shoot very nicely (rapid at tin can sized targets) at 25-35yds. The rifle does jump up a bit and is very light but it comes back on target just as quick and follow up shots are easy to make. The trigger is light and it is a joy to shoot.

One issue to be aware of is the case eject - the cases go straight up and if you are shooting with an overhang (such as a gazebo or low ceiling) then the cases can come back down your neck if you're not careful.

I bought ours second hand and it came with two mags, not sure whether the second was included with the original sale or an added extra.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

they are good fun. I believe I still own one, although it is at a dealers waiting to be sold.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#7 Post by channel12 »

I will concede it looks cool as ** but in real world terms what does it bring to the party that a cheap 10/22 doesn't?

Now if it was this then I'm definitely in !