Most accurate .22LR semi-auto

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Most accurate .22LR semi-auto

#21 Post by 1066 »

For a lightweight working rifle my old Voere is more accurate than you would expect - I've had it more than forty years and it was second hand then. It's been very reliable, around 5 years ago it started playing up a little but an email to Voere in Austria resulted in a set of springs free of charge and all was well again.

One advantage with the Voere is that it has the ability to lock the breech so it can be used as a single shot bolt action or a semi-auto. The downside is it has a poor mushy trigger in a plastic housing.

Although not 100 yards this shows why just showing a single group is not a true reflection. This is six consecutive 5 shot groups at 68 yards - Three of the groups are well under 1 moa.

TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#22 Post by daman »

At the risk of derailing the topic... can I ask what software you are using for target analysis?

#23 Post by 1066 »

daman wrote:At the risk of derailing the topic... can I ask what software you are using for target analysis?
I use "Ontarget" it used to be free but the current upgraded version is now about £8.00. I find it's excellent for measuring groups, even from a photo if you have some reference measurement.

https://ontargetshooting.com/

TARGETMASTER
www.targetmasteruk.com
andrew375

#24 Post by andrew375 »

Just to muddy the waters a bit, my, much mourned, Walther GSP came with a 25 meter test target which had a 5 shot group that worked out at just over 0.7 moa!
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#25 Post by daman »

1066 wrote:
daman wrote:At the risk of derailing the topic... can I ask what software you are using for target analysis?
I use "Ontarget" it used to be free but the current upgraded version is now about £8.00. I find it's excellent for measuring groups, even from a photo if you have some reference measurement.

https://ontargetshooting.com/
Thank you. I find https://targetshootingapp.com/ excellent on the phone, but having a PC alternative is good!

#26 Post by 1066 »

andrew375 wrote:Just to muddy the waters a bit, my, much mourned, Walther GSP came with a 25 meter test target which had a 5 shot group that worked out at just over 0.7 moa!
Not a bit surprised Andrew. When I was shooting with the SE regional pistol squad in the 1980's I did a fair bit of testing various target pistols/loads/ammunition with a Ransom rest and chronograph. Some pistols, when the right ammunition was found, were very accurate indeed, certainly convinced me that length of barrel has very little to do with accuracy as most of the .32 semi-auto only had 4-5 inches.
TARGETMASTER
www.targetmasteruk.com
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#27 Post by Alan D »

My Tippmenn will happily hit the one inch swinging target lollypop of my steel target 8 times out of 10 at 80 yards on my home range with mini mag ... Two inch groups at 100 yards is quite achievable and repeatable.

Pretty good I thought...

100 yards and .22 LR, it's all about the weather ( the main limiting factor), blustery winds, forgot it...

Even for a tip top bolt gun, 100 yards tack driving sub MOA with .22 LR is very difficult, the rounds at the limit of its extreme accuracy capability, anything but a completely still day will throw the bullets trajectory fractionally and by "fractionally", I mean forget MOA!
Ovenpaa

#28 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am yet to meet a sub MOA rimfire semi auto :(

I would avoid the Anschutz 520/525 - the triggers wear and are a nightmare to repair. The pivot pins sit in the diecast aluminium body and they wear with time leading to a horrible trigger. I bushed my own however it was a thankless task on average rifle. (They are not built by Anschutz)

I have shot various 10/22 offerings and they can be reasonably accurate. Having said that, I remember working on one that was a 10/22 in name only as probably everything including the receiver had been swapped out. It was super smooth to shoot however accuracy was average at best.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#29 Post by Airbrush »

I'd be interested to see what my BAR15 .22 would achieve at 100 yards but as it has an Eotech with x3 magnifier it's not the ideal set up to get the best result.

25 yards & it will easily shoot a finger nail size group & that's not even with a bipod.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#30 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Ive got a Kriss Defiance DMK with Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8. I use it for LSR comps and find it very accurate. Ive stretched it to 50 yards from a bench and it took the centre of the target out. All was shooting CCI mini mags.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/