M&P 15/22 Barrel Removal Tool

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: M&P 15/22 Barrel Removal Tool

#21 Post by bradaz11 »

TattooedGun wrote:
There are often times where I wish I could just pop in and spent 20 minutes on this or that making bits... :(
This alone shows you don't know how to use these machines lol. 5mins finding materials, 10 finding tools and seeing up, 5 to chuck up and get micrometer, set feed speed. Twice as long as you think to machine, then tidy up, put everything back... 5min job won't take less than an hour lol
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#22 Post by TattooedGun »

bradaz11 wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:
There are often times where I wish I could just pop in and spent 20 minutes on this or that making bits... :(
This alone shows you don't know how to use these machines lol. 5mins finding materials, 10 finding tools and seeing up, 5 to chuck up and get micrometer, set feed speed. Twice as long as you think to machine, then tidy up, put everything back... 5min job won't take less than an hour lol
lol
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sometimes things go according to plan, I keep all of my material on a common rack and clearly marked so I can tell if I have just picked up EN3, 316 stainless or silver steel, the collets are racked as well if I am using a collet chuck and all of my tool holders are numbered and on a shelf between the lathes. Micrometers are behind me ad measuring equipment in general is higher up so easy to reach. The only thing not to hand are replacement inserts as the Viking keeps them along with anything else carbide such as slot or end mills and stub drills, that way she can keep an eye on what is going down. Things like chucks, dividing heads, rotary tables, tapping heads and similar are on a separate rack.

A place for everything and everything in its place. Fair to say I am very lucky to have the workshop are that I do have these days. Oh, and I always say to people, if you want to use my machines you are more than welcome :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal