M&P 15/22 Barrel Removal Tool

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: M&P 15/22 Barrel Removal Tool

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

External diameter.

It has different internal diameters, being thicker walled at the end with the flats.

So the internal diameter at the flats end is 23.6mm and at the 'teeth' end its 25.2mm. The inside looks like its bored out wider about half way down the tube.
Attachments
IMG_4085.jpg
DVC
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#12 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote:External diameter.

It has different internal diameters, being thicker walled at the end with the flats.

So the internal diameter at the flats end is 23.6mm and at the 'teeth' end its 25.2mm. The inside looks like its bored out wider about half way down the tube.
I thought that may have been the case to get the teeth the right wall size.

Thanks again for the information :)
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

In case it helps anyone.... Bored off work at the moment! lol
Attachments
Tool.pdf
(37.47 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Pippin89

#14 Post by Pippin89 »

FYI it is first angle projection. Shouldn't matter with a simple part like that but you never know.... haha
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#15 Post by TattooedGun »

Pippin89 wrote:In case it helps anyone.... Bored off work at the moment! lol
Duuude.....
cheers
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

I also don't mind posting mine
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#17 Post by TattooedGun »

Thanks all,
After having a chat with the gaffer downstairs, it's probably just gonna be a lot easier to borrow one for the time I need it. If I had access to a Mill/Lathe, I wouldn't mind putting the time in to turn/mill one out, but I can't really expect them to do it for me, and I wouldn't expect them to let me loose on their tooling, as it's their livelihood.

I might take Nelly2014 up on their offer, if it's not too much trouble, will PM to try and sort a suitable time.

cheers again everyone.
Pippin89

#18 Post by Pippin89 »

TattooedGun wrote:Thanks all,
After having a chat with the gaffer downstairs, it's probably just gonna be a lot easier to borrow one for the time I need it. If I had access to a Mill/Lathe, I wouldn't mind putting the time in to turn/mill one out, but I can't really expect them to do it for me, and I wouldn't expect them to let me loose on their tooling, as it's their livelihood.

I might take Nelly2014 up on their offer, if it's not too much trouble, will PM to try and sort a suitable time.

cheers again everyone.
You should come and work at my place. One of the directors here restored a land rover entirely with stuff made in the tool room. I've made parts for my cars in there too. No one minds much!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#19 Post by TattooedGun »

Pippin89 wrote:

cheers again everyone.
You should come and work at my place. One of the directors here restored a land rover entirely with stuff made in the tool room. I've made parts for my cars in there too. No one minds much!
Unfortunately not an engineer, am a web developer that just so happens to work in the offices above an engineering firm, next to their factory.

Have a basic grasp of the machinery involved, but wouldn't expect the firm downstairs to let me loose on their stuff as we just rent the offices from them, rather than being a part of the company :/

There are often times where I wish I could just pop in and spent 20 minutes on this or that making bits... :(
Pippin89

#20 Post by Pippin89 »

TattooedGun wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:

cheers again everyone.
Unfortunately not an engineer, am a web developer that just so happens to work in the offices above an engineering firm, next to their factory.

Have a basic grasp of the machinery involved, but wouldn't expect the firm downstairs to let me loose on their stuff as we just rent the offices from them, rather than being a part of the company :/

There are often times where I wish I could just pop in and spent 20 minutes on this or that making bits... :(
Ah that makes sense. You wouldn't be insured to use machinery on their premises so if something went wrong they could be in a lot of trouble I guess.