Walther KK300

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Walther KK300

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

Has anyone shot one of these? Seems like a very cheap alternative to the KK500 (half the price) with not too many downfalls.
I can't see any real reviews online so wondering if anyone has handled one and has any insight....
Everywhere I see it listed for sale doesn't specify what rear sight it has either. I suppose worst case if I need to spend a couple of hundred quid replacing that its still a cheap rifle....

Will be used weekly for prone 25 yard target shooting.
kevinww

Re: Walther KK300

#2 Post by kevinww »

No first hand experience but shoot with a someone who is a very good shot, was runner up in British short range championship a couple of years ago, who used one for years.

Up until the KK500 was released a couple years ago, KK300 was top of Walther range and won many championships and will certainly do what you want it too and give many years of service.

One thing to be aware of though is they do use a non standard dovetails so you need to be careful when buying sights to get the version for Walther. However from memory they used to come supplied with very usable sights and at one time a carry case as well.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Walther KK300

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

kevinww wrote:No first hand experience but shoot with a someone who is a very good shot, was runner up in British short range championship a couple of years ago, who used one for years.

Up until the KK500 was released a couple years ago, KK300 was top of Walther range and won many championships and will certainly do what you want it too and give many years of service.

One thing to be aware of though is they do use a non standard dovetails so you need to be careful when buying sights to get the version for Walther. However from memory they used to come supplied with very usable sights and at one time a carry case as well.
Brilliant, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you very much. And yes still comes with a carry case!