Need help and advice on Anschutz 54 Match..

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Eastmids-HD
Home club or Range: Wedgenock Warwick

Re: Need help and advice on Anschutz 54 Match..

#31 Post by Eastmids-HD »

Pete wrote:It was about 8 years ago..............can't remember how much we gave him.
They'll last forever, but probably a bit heavy for formal use. (there are weight limits for some competitions.)
They lock up really tight. Are you planning to do benchrest with your 1813?
Pete
Hi Pete,

I enjoying shooting for a hobby and in all honesty I can't see me doing any competitions. I like target shooting and bench or prone are my preferences so I like to have the kit that's needed. In this case I don't need to worry about competition rules and regs :good:
CZ455 22 LR
Tikka T3 22 250
Anschutz 1813 Supermatch

more to come
jack Mack

#32 Post by jack Mack »

Eastmids-HD wrote:Hi all, I have recently joined my first small bore target club (last week infact), I took my CZ455 22LR to see how well I'd get on at the 50 and it soon became apparent that as much as I'd hoped that I could use the CZ as a dedicated target rifle it wasn't to be.

After chatting to some of the members, one of them was kind enough to let me shoot his BSA International, which intern highlighted the reason(s) why my CZ just couldn't perform as well. Further on in the conversation, the Match 54 came up and that afternoon I was on a well known gun site looking for a Match 54 only to be left scratching my head as there were so many with various model numbers, years, barrel lengths etc etc? It got very confusing to say the least.

I spoilt myself when shooting air rifles as I had Daystate's, Ripley's and my lovely Steyr which had the sweetest trigger.

If anyone could be kind enough to school me on the Match 54 then i'd honestly appreciate it as currently I have over 10 of them bookmarked.

One thing I will say is that I'm not wanting to use diopters and I'll be shooting mostly bench and possibly prone some of the time.

cheers cheers
Go for the Anschutz and again spend as much on it as you can afford. You won't be long before you are looking at what improvements you can make to the rifle to I prove your shooting. Get a good set of sights for your rifle and get your club coach to take you through set up and position which will lead the way to good shooting. A good two stage trigger is also important to someone new to target shooting and whilst the BSA can be a cracking wee rifle they don't have a particularly nice trigger.
Good luck.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#33 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am a big fan of the Match 54 and indeed shoot a modified version myself for LSR:)
M54S_Black_small.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#34 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Ovenpaa wrote:I am a big fan of the Match 54 and indeed shoot a modified version myself for LSR:)
M54S_Black_small.jpg
That is a lovely build you have. Whats its like for LSR?
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cornish-Viking wrote:That is a lovely build you have. Whats its like for LSR?
Not bad now it is at a vaguely sensible weight, I built it for Christel to shoot at 20 and 50 however it was finished just a few days before lock down so has only been out once in the finished state. It has a 75 minute rail so can be shot at distance as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#36 Post by FredB »

i like Martini actions. I only have one bolt action rifle, a 71/84 Mauser made in 1888.
Fred