Any experience with the new CZ 457 MTR?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

U27 Shooting Range
Home club or Range: U27 Warsaw, Poland

Any experience with the new CZ 457 MTR?

#1 Post by U27 Shooting Range »

Hi all,
could you please share your experience with the new CZ 457 MTR? Looks nice but I have never shot it.
The best indoor range in Poland
http://www.u27.pl/en
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Any experience with the new CZ 457 MTR?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Like you, I have never shot and it does look very nice!

Welcome to the forum :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Mario wrote:Hi all,
could you please share your experience with the new CZ 457 MTR? Looks nice but I have never shot it.
I'll let you know when mine arrives in 11 weeks time ( :cry: ) ...... the suppliers are out of stock at the moment, but I saw a CZ 457 Varmint at McAvoy's in Standish when I bought my 457 MTR, which is almost the same rifle apart from the stock (and match barrel) and it looks superb. They guarantee 15mm groups at 50 yards for the MTR, so I imagine it will be capable of better. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

The action is totally new, and so is the bolt. It now has a fully adjustable trigger, adjustable from +/- 1.75 lb to 3.5 lb pull weight. The whole rifle looks and feels superb, and the sooner I can bring mine home to meet its 452 FS, 453 Premium and 455 Varmint brothers the better! :good:
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

Shot one tonight! A short 16" version. Bloody brilliant! And for nigh on th same money I paid for a Ruger American Laminate Target.... As much as I like the Ruger, I wished I had waited now!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
U27 Shooting Range
Home club or Range: U27 Warsaw, Poland

#5 Post by U27 Shooting Range »

I am surprised with the long delivery times. Ordering now the gun will arrive middle in September!
The best indoor range in Poland
http://www.u27.pl/en
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#6 Post by Les »

Mario wrote:I am surprised with the long delivery times. Ordering now the gun will arrive middle in September!
Don't I know it! :cry:

On the plus side, it is obviously selling well, so if the rifle lives up to the hype - and I've got no reason to doubt it will - then the wait will be worthwhile.

I'm probably just unlucky that my local gun shop (McAvoy) are out of stock and so is their supplier. Another gunshop in another part of the UK may have them in stock. :good:
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#7 Post by mag41uk »

Livens apparently have them.
roddes

#8 Post by roddes »

I've been looking at the 457s all day and they all look pretty as hell. Thinking of getting one now. do they live up to the hype?