HK MP5 A4

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Mdwysc
Home club or Range: Bisley

HK MP5 A4

#1 Post by Mdwysc »

Love my little MP5 A4(short one), its a fun and reliable semi-auto .22LR that shoots subs quite happily.
They seem to have been discontinued now, anyone know why? I have an idea but don't want to say out loud

Been trying to get a collapsible stock for mine but can’t find anyone who sells them, any suggestions?
Lucky to have 3 mags with mine as finding them is a chore also.

Fanks
Nerf pistol reloading expert
Super soaker long distance world champion
cap pistol quick draw 56 times world champion
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
Gazza

Re: HK MP5 A4

#2 Post by Gazza »

I think Breacher on here has a collapsible stock for sale or did have.
If you fit one take note of the legality concerning overall length when the stock is fully collapsed. :good:
Mdwysc

#3 Post by Mdwysc »

Gazza wrote:I think Breacher on here has a collapsible stock for sale or did have.
If you fit one take note of the legality concerning overall length when the stock is fully collapsed. :good:
I hear you, you can take the stock off and put the TMH pin back in and shoot it. It ends up at just over 450mm long (cough :: section 5)........I was delicately asking if this was the reason it had been discontinued 8-) :D
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

They shipped with fixed stocks I think, or pinned so they couldn’t retract below 600mm OAL.

I have the fixed stock version and love it, not so accurate but very reliable and a lot of fun.

Goes really nicely with a Sig Romeo 5 red dot.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

The collapsing stock came with the 16" barrelled version I believe or with the shorter version if the stock was pinned.

I also heard the reason to stop was due to H&K licensing rather than any other reason.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Mattnall wrote:I also heard the reason to stop was due to H&K licensing rather than any other reason.
This was the only reason they aren't made anymore, AKA H&K's distain for the civilian market. aaarggh

If you're going to put an A5 stock on it, it will need to be pinned/welded before its added.
DVC
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#7 Post by Alan D »

So what's the difference between these HH badged lookalikes and the dreadful GSG5?

They achieved the impossible and gave German engineering a bad name!
Mdwysc

#8 Post by Mdwysc »

Alan D wrote:So what's the difference between these HH badged lookalikes and the dreadful GSG5?

They achieved the impossible and gave German engineering a bad name!
Hope your second line refers to the nasty made of cheese GSG range of tat. The Walther's are a joy to run.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#9 Post by safetyfirst »

The only similar thing about them is their silhouette.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

My GSG-5 ran fine as long as it was kept clean teanews And you remembered to put all the little fiddly parts back in the exact right place...... fingerscrossed
DVC