M261 conversion kit bolt (Bremmer Arms) help

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

M261 conversion kit bolt (Bremmer Arms) help

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Hi all.

I recently rather carelessly put my bolt in my range bag and when I removed it the bolt had come off the guide rod and the bits were loose in the bottom of the bag.

I have a parts list here for the original conversion kit but this is of course a little different being a Bremmer Arms kit.

Can anyone tell me how the bolt is supposed to be retained on the guide rod? There appears to be an indentation if the type that might accept a c-clip at the end of the rod and all I could find in the spares bag the previous owner kindly provided me with was some jewellers wire which I have dutifully wound round the indentation which does indeed prevent the bolt from coming off the guide rod.

Can’t be right though...

Does anyone have any ideas how this is supposed to work? Am I missing a C clip?

Thanks.

DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: M261 conversion kit bolt (Bremmer Arms) help

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

Yes you are missing a C clip
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

Hmm, thanks for confirming that...any ideas how to replace it, should I measure the diameter of the rod at the recess then get one to fit that?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

I have seen many of these kits without the clip and they work fine once inserted.
The wire should hold it together when the receivers are seperated or the kit removed and shouldn't affect the operation as long as it doesn't snag on the receiver or charging handle etc.
The M261 insert doesn't have a clip on the spring pin, it is held in place by the chamber insert.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

Mattnall wrote:I have seen many of these kits without the clip and they work fine once inserted.
The wire should hold it together when the receivers are seperated or the kit removed and shouldn't affect the operation as long as it doesn't snag on the receiver or charging handle etc.
The M261 insert doesn't have a clip on the spring pin, it is held in place by the chamber insert.
Thanks all.

Yes, I have the manual for the original kit, this indent must have been added by Bremmer.

I’ve got some little clips on the way :)

Thanks everyone!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

Thanks again all, I've replaced the bit of wire with a clip which though a bit neater looks like it might bind up if it rotates, it only just clears the top of the bolt when rotated so the clip opening is between the bolt and the guide rod.

The little bit of wire might actually be a better solution lollololol.

Thanks all.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#7 Post by Mattnall »

Well, as it's not needed when in situ and only helps keeping it all together when removing the bolt it might be a case of not bothering.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.