MP 15-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: MP 15-22

#11 Post by Webley »

Deadeye18 wrote:
Webley wrote:Dead eye, I thought the 15-22 used standard fit AR parts so you can customise it with a fatter pistol grip to fill your hand a little more and longer stock if that is what suits you.

Matt
Hello Matt yeah there's lots of options to replace grips and stock but that's a future project as all my pennies are being saved for more rifles at the minute.
I know the feeling, too many guns and accessories wanted and not enough cash to do it all at once!

Matt
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Plenty of 15-22 specific parts out there.

https://3gunnationuk.biz/product-catego ... -products/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

And here;

https://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Smith-and- ... s/1840.htm

And here;

https://magload.co.uk/shop?category=15-22

Not much showing on the Magload page yet but they have a lot of good stuff coming out shortly including mag extensions and 30 degree slector levers :p
DVC
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#14 Post by Thorney »

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#15 Post by kennyc »

is it too soon to bring this up again? :p

Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#16 Post by Nelly2014 »

I've been lucky enough to fire a M&P15 in 5.56 and it's a much heavier thing. I actually prefer the lightness of my 15-22 as it means you can pile more accessories on and only make it as heavy as a bare Spikes or CMMG.
I tried fitting a JARD 1.5lb trigger to mine some time ago but it was really too light resulting in some interesting 'bump-fire' characteristics although superb for bench accuracy. I removed it after a DQ at a match. Standard trigger now back in with a bit of polishing and feels much safer, better for 'action' shooting. I shall probably offer the JARD up for sale pretty cheap so keep eye open for my sale post.
Robbo

#17 Post by Robbo »

I brought mine at Christmas and I love it. Had a few misfires with MiniMag and now gone over to RWS Semi auto without issues.

I'm tall so it's a quite a small rifle but it's a lot of fun to shoot!
BamBam

#18 Post by BamBam »

I've just returned mine to standard to put up for sale, it's an ok rifle, but got too many .22 rifles.
Tac20 mark

#19 Post by Tac20 mark »

many thanks bought a new one so far so good
MrD

#20 Post by MrD »

Tac20 mark wrote:many thanks bought a new one so far so good
Only slight issue I had was failure to eject spent cases properly resulting in the bolt catching them when it was going forward. A quick search suggested this wasn't uncommon and a slight tweak of the ejector rod was needed. After this, no more FTE.

As I was buying other goodies, I upgraded the extractor/pin/spring with Volquartsen parts - maybe totally un-necessary, but compared to what I was spending on the ambi safety/mag release seemed a bargain

A quick clean of the bolt face/breech area and it will gobble ammo as fast as you can buy it lollol

Donald
Save it for a mammal who cares!

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/