I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

#11 Post by safetyfirst »

Oh there are lots of crap-tastic rimfire military clones out there for sure and also lots of very high quality rifles made of modern materials.

Personally I think the Kriss stuff fits into the latter category but it’s a first product and has some teething issues.
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

A modern semi auto .22 will no doubt be getting significantly greater number of rounds through it in a shorter amount of time, I suspect when compared to a single shot or a pump.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#13 Post by FredB »

Sorry if I upset some sensitive souls. For the first 10 years or so of my time as a target shooter, I shot .22 exclusively. I started off with a Russioan Vostok MU pistol and put many thousands of rounds through it. Thinking that better equipment would inprove my results, i moved up to a Browning match 150. More thousands of rounds, fashions changed and the more modern pistols were appearing. I graduated to a Unique Des 69. I won many competitions with this pistol, but was attracted to the changeable calibre concept and so I got a Walther GP with the 32 conversion unit.
As I became more and more a centrefire shooter, the Walther was not getting much use and I took up classic pistols in a big way. I sold the Walther kit and bought a pre-WW2 Colt Woodsman. My scores did go down, so there is something in the better equipment logic.
My point, that I made rather badly, is that none of the above guns ever gave any trouble at all. I opened the box, shot them for years and eventually sold them -- still in perfect working order.
I function as my club armourer. I am fed up with members buying new or nearly new guns which break in a very short time. Sometimes I can fix them---like making a new firing pin, but sometimes I can't, because the problems relaqte to porr choice of material in the gun.
When you spend a thousand pounds on a new rifle, it should work and continue to work indefinitely.
Fred
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

It now seems acceptable to the buying public that so many things are sold that do not work as advertised or have a very limited life. Therefore that is what we get.
One of the many reasons why I always avoid trying to buy anything new.

In saying that I have just bought a new black placcy AR copy, probably the only genuine AR semi auto design that is legal in the the UK. It has put a couple of thousand rounds down range so far with nary missing a beat.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
RDC

#15 Post by RDC »

FredB wrote: When you spend a thousand pounds on a new rifle, it should work and continue to work indefinitely.
Fred
I do agree with you there Fred.
Hunter87

#16 Post by Hunter87 »

Didn’t one of our mods once call them “pretendy” rifles.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#17 Post by bradaz11 »

Hunter87 wrote:Didn’t one of our Admin once call them “pretendy” rifles.
FIFY
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

RDC wrote:
FredB wrote: When you spend a thousand pounds on a new rifle, it should work and continue to work indefinitely.
Fred
I do agree with you there Fred.
ditto, no argument here! If it doesn’t then the fault should be rectified swiftly.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Sim G »

dromia wrote: In saying that I have just bought a new black placcy AR copy, probably the only genuine AR semi auto design that is legal in the the UK. It has put a couple of thousand rounds down range so far with nary missing a beat.

Bought a Henry Survival Rifle? Hope so, because the Charter Arms AR7 was really shoite, despite being designed when men still wore hats!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#20 Post by DaveB »

I bought a Chiappa M4 .22RF upper a while back, but now the damned NZ guvmint has outlawed all my lowers. We can't even find out whether a dedicated (i.e. an AR15 lower that cannot accept a centrefire upper) .22RF lower will be legal going forward. Damn politicians!

I also have one of the Chiappa .22RF copies of the M1 Carbine and a Ruger 10-22s, so I am not bereft of choices, but I really liked the idea of a .22RF AR15.