I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

#21 Post by Gh0st »

couple of Kriss at my club. As observed by others a few teething issues, mainly surrounding the mags and some misfeed on certain ammo but other than that nice kit !
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Sabertooth
Home club or Range: Donderbus RPC

#22 Post by Sabertooth »

Enjoy your Kriss. Get a couple of spare firing pins just in case, (I'm doing the same for my Lantac) and have fun. After all isn't this what we do this for?
Gun control is hitting the target.
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#23 Post by Alan D »

As another cynical old timer, with many years of shooting under my belt, I can remember when it was all fields round here before that infernal interweb thingy was built, real men used British built Firearms, forged from British steel.

My first rifle club secretary when I was a lad, was the local vicar, ex SOE and always carried a pocket pistol with him, (not joking) introduced me to the .22 BSA Martini action when I was 14, with the wise words of " it will shoot straight and never break"...

So, Kris's Defiance, poor magazine design, breaking firing pins, FTF, not terribly impressive...

It takes 10-22 barrels, so does my 10-22!
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Kungfugerbil »

I like a chunk of British engineering as much as the next man, but if the only shooting available now required mouldy beige gimp coats, 27 kilos of Birmingham single shot steel and baccy tins full of rusty brown accessories, new shooters would have stopped taking up the sport a long time ago. We should celebrate that such a wide range of manufacturers are bringing new products to market and embrace the variety.

The Defiance feels nice in the hand and has ‘shelf appeal’ for sure.

Blair-mc - any initial thoughts on how it’s running?
Alan D

#25 Post by Alan D »

Kungfugerbil wrote:I like a chunk of British engineering as much as the next man, but if the only shooting available now required mouldy beige gimp coats, 27 kilos of Birmingham single shot steel and baccy tins full of rusty brown accessories, new shooters would have stopped taking up the sport a long time ago. We should celebrate that such a wide range of manufacturers are bringing new products to market and embrace the variety.

Don't get me wrong, all for innovation, but barrel aside, surely this is yet another .22 lr ciener bolt type AR, or am I wrong.

I do find the stated issues, (all very long known ciener type problms), 12 years and counting, with the exception of their own mag design, simple lazy engineering...

If a rifle has FTF, breaking FP's etc, it's simply not ready for production ...

They know the issues and ship em out anyway!

That's what I have a problem with to be honest.
Blair_Mc

#26 Post by Blair_Mc »

Kungfugerbil wrote:I like a chunk of British engineering as much as the next man, but if the only shooting available now required mouldy beige gimp coats, 27 kilos of Birmingham single shot steel and baccy tins full of rusty brown accessories, new shooters would have stopped taking up the sport a long time ago. We should celebrate that such a wide range of manufacturers are bringing new products to market and embrace the variety.

I've put 400+ rounds through her so far. Only problem I had was the muzzle brake slowly coming loose. The 15 round magazine that comes with it does its job and the m&p15 22 ones work as they should too. The rounds have the usual ftf but the gun itself has not failed at all.

Really my one gripe is that I can't find anywhere that will sell the rails for the hand guard. It's not M-lok and the Kriss website won't deliver to me for whatever reason.
I spend lots of money putting holes in paper.
Alan D

#27 Post by Alan D »

Hmmm, my post disappeared,

Well, how did it go, typical Ciener AR15 .22lr rifle... Can't see any difference between this and any other ciener based AR.

Spikes, CMMR, Tactical solutions, that Italian rubbish...

The rifle can take 10-22 barrels, well, so can my 10-22...

Think that's about it.....