Chamber adapter inserts

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Chamber adapter inserts

#11 Post by snayperskaya »

Quite a few on Ebay, I have seen chamber adapters on there that allow 7.62 Tokarev rounds to be fired in 7.62x54r chambered rifles.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#12 Post by Alan D »

Just to clear this up, there are no Sec5 parts, (except pistol pressure baring components), they are all Sec1 pressure baring parts, until assembled into a firearm that as a whole, falls within Sec5.

I would take the view that even if a .22 liner was less than 12" long, it's incapable of firing independently, outside of its parent firearm, so as long as this master firearm has a barrel of 12" or more, it's perfectly legal.

This seems like common sense, am I right though?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

Alan,
You are certainly correct with the "there are no S5 parts, only parts of a S5 weapon" thing, I have a letter from the HO stating this from when I started to import parts from semi-auto designs to make in to straight-pull rifles.

As far as chamber adaptors go, the guidance states, and I paraphrase here; that in the absence of a decision by a court, the Secretary of State takes the view that [smooth-bore sleeve type chamber inserts] should not be regarded as firearms within the definition of the Act.

Who wants to be the first to go before the courts?
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.